WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
I cheated!!! I bought a Krell FPB 400 CX. Sorry Mark Levinson. The deal on the Krell was too good to pass up. 

Uh oh, sooner or later you may regret buying the Krell.  Everything you and others were stating, regarding how timelessly good Mark Levinson gear is, I believe is true. 
     My only personal  ML excellent experience is  with a ML 326S preamp but I don't think I could be more impressed or pleased with its performance in my system.  I don't recall reading such exemplary praise being bestowed upon older Krell gear but maybe there is some and I just missed it.

Best wishes,
    Tim
What i didn´t understand, i have a ML23 for my JBL4425 in my controll room/studio and i love this amp, but it only gets lukewarm. Before i bought the amplifier, he was at the service at Sun-Audio / Germany.

Resurrecting this old thread….

I’m very surprised at some of the opinions on here regarding the sound of an ML23.5 compared to more “modern” amps. Please. The whole fallacy that audio technology and sound quality moves in this infinitely linear progression towards perfection over time is rubbish. There are countless vintage components that sound as good or better than their contemporary counterparts. My floor is littered with both classic vintage and modern amplifiers. The 23.5 might be the best sounding amp I own. It certainly is not demonstrably worse than ANY modern amplifier I have tried, as some would have you believe. The reconditioning is a valid concern, however I think an investment of $5000 ($2500 for the amp and $2500 recap) will get you an amp that absolutely slaughters comparable modern amplifiers in terms of value and more than holds its own with sonics. 

I always thought of the Mark levension 23.5 as amp on my wish list.

Bought a ML 23. This amp would serve a Brite system.

This amp was the biggest surprise Ive had in audio.

Not saying Bad , but in my system not good,