What are we going to do about Tele 12AU7 prices

so the prices are ridiculous,,none of us can afford these prices..so what AU's are we going to substitue foe Teles.
And dont say RCA;'s, I  dont like   RCA's and  Philips Miniwatts were ok, nothing great. 
I need something close to Tele. but at 1/5th the price.
mozartfan
So, wouldn’t the tubes provided with the equipment be ones that the manufacturer thinks are pretty good? 

Yes but you can do better than pretty good.  Whether its worth the cost is up to you.

For the relatively low cost of the Freya+, they could include other, more costly tubes and charge a few hundreds bucks extra, and people would pay that.  Right?

Schitt is about keeping costs down.  It is important to them that they not raise the price by a few hundred bucks for any part.

I had Psvane 12AX7's. = trash next to a Tele
Well, I don't know about 12AX7 since I did not use them. In my system the Psvane 12AU7s sound phenomenal. Some of the user reviews suggest that they replaced some NOS with the Psvanes and they were more than happy with that. And I am sharing based on my experience. What is the component you want these tubes in?Maybe take the bias off and give them the Psvanes a listen. Maybe the Psvane 12AU7s cost 1/5 the price of your prized Tele and sound much better...who knows unless you give them a shot. Good luck.
Que? 

They don’t seem priced higher than what other good driver tubes are.
Manufacturers also must consider consistency across their desired product run. For knstance, Audio Note may desire to produce 1,000 units of the XYZ integrated over a 10 year period. Maybe it has 4 XYZ tubes inside so they must stockpile or have access to 4,000 XYZ tubes plus, say, another 5,000 to cover warranties and retubes. So, when speccing the tube they need to spec where they can access 9-10,000 of this type type. Bespoke manufacturers like Shindo or Kondo might do limited runs of 20 pieces which reduces considerably the tube stockpile required. I would venture to guess that Schiit has no plan to produce anything remotely approching a small batch of anything. If they could sell 100,000 Freyas they would. Therefore, they will always spec their gear with the widest production of tube types to ensure product consistency. No serious manufacturer is going to spec a large batch product with an extremely limited tube as in rarer NOS varietals.

this that @ghasley describes is key to understand, and for even really excellent tube gear from an established maker, this provides an opportunity for us as singular users to experiment to find potentially better sounding tubes in our units - not that the process of doing so is without substantial effort or cost...