Need help buying new speaker cable

My Tara Labs Apollo speaker cable broke at the negative terminal end.  I will need to replace them.  What cables would you recommend?  I would like to know what cables out there would be comparable.  I would like to upgrade but they need to be affordable. A local dealer recommended Audioquest Robin Hood’s but they cost $2,000.  I just can’t spend that much money.  I am looking at Audioquest Rocket 88’s for $1,150.  Any ideas?  I would also like to know what the sound difference be compared to my Appolo’s?  I still have a difficult time you can hear a sound difference between one cable and another.  
128x128larry5729
+1 turnbrown! Good advice! Why spend big bucks on a new pair and have to try to sell a damaged pair! I am sure Tara Labs can easily handle a broken connector repair.
I like the idea of repairing your cable.

I wanted Analysis Plus Crystal Solo Oval 8 but they were too expensive. Then, I saw a 14ft single length of it for sale used for 600. I bought it, sent it to AP and they cut and terminated it for 130 buck. To buy this new would have been about 2k.

Buy used, whatever you do.
Show me some engineering data that proves the superiority of cable A over cable B! Otherwise "golden ear" claims are just whistlin' Dixie! Ditto for manufacturer claims! They want your money!
Sure appreciate the help.  I just got off the phone with Tara Labs and they told me it would only cost $60 per end to replace the Y-Shaped speaker wire terminals.  Since I have had difficulty with connectivity issues, I might go this route.  The guy from Tara Labs told me my Apollo's are high quality speaker cable.  I have problems trying to keep their hollow banana plugs from working themselves loose.  I wonder if they could terminate the ends using Sure Grip banana plugs.  Someone told me these are spring loaded and they will fit firmer than the hollow banana plugs I am currently using.  The problem is when I push my cabinet back towards the back wall the left banana plug works itself loose.  Will these Sure Grip banana plugs stay on?