REL vs JL AUDIO

Who makes the best subwoofer for music? REL or JL AUDIO? REL uses High level, JL AUDIO low level with EQ. Which will be better for music. 
jeffvegas
mijostyn,

thanks for the information and I agree. 
Integrating a sub without a highpass is a waist of time IMO and causes more problems than it fixes. 

The resistor idea is a good one for sure. Though I think a DYI sub with highpass and measurements is way over a lot of peoples heads (mine included). Understanding and doing are two different things. Baby steps lol. 

Any thoughts on a direct to consumer subs like JTR Captivator RS1. I heard about it on Audioholics and it looks interesting (great measurements).  Kind of a “DIY” value done for you. It would need a proper highpass of course. 

https://www.jtrspeakers.com/jtr-captivator-rs1
Heard SVS. Junk. Nothing more than a boombox. I need quality not quantity.

Almost there. 
Having owned both here are the pros and cons-

JL Audio
+Powerful, nice sounding bass with deep impact
-Cabinet resonance colored the midrange of my monitors- a deal breaker
-Difficult integration even with high level inputs and continuous phase control and REW measuring.  after over a year the integration still was not perfect
-High level snap in connector difficult to install and somewhat loose.  

REL
+Nice sounding bass, more subtle and very fast and musical.  Plays flat to 20Hz in room.  
+Solid cabinet with no resonance- midrange from monitors is perfect- no coloration.
+Extremely fast and easy to integrate, weeks vs. years.
+Level and crossover controls have "click steps" to document and adjust the settings.  
+High level input cables are long and of good quality.

Keepers in my audiophile system.