Esoteric K01X SACD player TRAY! error message

Hello, 
I just purchased a second hand Esoteric K01X SACD player.  It arrived today via ground shipping.  I unloaded it, powered it on, and it immediately displayed a flashing "TRAY!" message, which I assume is an error message, as the tray will not open.  Is this one of the dreaded tray problems that the Esoteric brand apparently has been reported to have on some forums?  Any ideas as to the fix?  (Fortunately, I can send it back to the previous owner, as a last case scenario, as it arrived flashing this message, but I would have preferred to at least listen to it.)
Thanks. 

drbond
Answering my own question:  
After almost giving up, I thought I would try to turn on the player while holding down the eject button, and I got some Japanese characters, which may have reset the machine.  Then I turned off and turned on the device again, and it worked.  So, at least for me, turning on the device while holding down the open/eject button worked.  Now, at least, I get to compare this to my old standard player!  
Post removed 
drbond

Nice! score. For further consultation, contact TAP electronics in California.  What other gear is in your system ?

Happy Listening!
Post removed