Audiophile Priorities and Recent Topics

I'm increasingly fascinated by the number of threads that have been created lately by OP's who have joined over only the last 2 months with less than 30 posts that all seem related to the importance of wires and tweaks. While I'm not dismissing the notion that everything matters in hifi (including digital cable), it seems that these topics vastly overwhelm thread topics that clearly would have more influence to hifi audio sound such as discussions of the sonic characteristics of various amplifier topologies, the importance of simplifying the signal path, and identifying fantastic speaker/amplifier synergies, etc...

If some unsuspecting newbie were to stumble onto this forum they would likely come away thinking that a fuse or a piece of wire are the most important elements towards obtaining wonderful hifi sound. This is unfortunate. For example, my discovery of listening to a SET circuit years ago paired with speakers possessing a high and flat impedance greatly outshines any joy derived from identifying the finest digital cable produced by man. I'm simply questioning the hifi priorities that this forum seems to be obsessed with lately.

Is it just me?
128x128three_easy_payments
btw - the irony of being lectured on blather by someone who has posted 10,895 messages in less than 3 years isn't lost on me ;-)
That reminds me of a recent thread where he used the word "blather" so often, it lost meaning. Kind of a meandering blathering thing (maybe an attempt at irony?).

Hmmm.....maybe a fake ficus is a room treatment.....but If I spray it orange will it count as a tweeeeek ? I can decorate it with some of those little dangly things. 
fundamentals always matter... speakers that reproduce sound accurately and beautifully, properly set up in a good room, driven by amplification well suited to the speakers, fed by a source that is quiet, pure and true to the media being played

while 'hygiene matters', wires tweaks fuses springs contact enhancers are rounding error, last 1% kinda stuff

like a fresh set of nikes won't let a high school hooper be the next kobe, a new driver won't turn a recreational golfer into another tiger

what is unfortunate to me, about a-gon, is there is the lack of a proper set of ’pinned posts’ or ’stickies’ that many enthusiast forums have, that lay out some foundational information, and well known truths, that newcomers can lean on... not be found here, it is too bad

@jjss49 All good points on the fundamentals - and the pinned threads which are very helpful in other forums.

Audio has definitely been and continues to be quite a journey for me. Some of my hallelujah moments which helped shaped my priorities have included: Class A amps, single-ended/triode tube designs, effective room treatment, amp/speaker synergy, tube gear in general, easy to drive speakers with high & flat impedance, isolation transformers in conjunction with tube gear, and the use of quality SUTs.

Some of my experiments that haven’t led to much increased sonic joy have included power cables (although my Sugden amp is the exception as it responds well), interconnects (I can hear a difference but it’s subtle), and speaker cables (I’m very hard pressed to hear a difference in any although my old Wireworld cables definitely sounded better lifted off the floor - lifting never improved the other brands I’ve tried). I tried a SR Blue fuse once and couldn’t hear a difference but it was worth a try. I can’t hear the difference between USB cables and feel silly having spent too much money on a couple.

Some areas where some benefits occur and are worth probably about what you pay for them - quality rack (I use Symposium), component isolation (primarily with tube gear and TT setup - I like Rollerblocks but only buy them used). Rolling tubes definitely can shape sonics but it can take a while find tubes that you connect with, it gets expensive with vintage, and figuring out what works well in any given piece of gear can take a bit of effort - some gear just doesn’t respond well).
No exorbitant cables, no risers, no fuses, no springs, cables are a mess, rooms not perfect, no fancy contact cleaners....and it's all good! 😁