Audiophile Priorities and Recent Topics

I'm increasingly fascinated by the number of threads that have been created lately by OP's who have joined over only the last 2 months with less than 30 posts that all seem related to the importance of wires and tweaks. While I'm not dismissing the notion that everything matters in hifi (including digital cable), it seems that these topics vastly overwhelm thread topics that clearly would have more influence to hifi audio sound such as discussions of the sonic characteristics of various amplifier topologies, the importance of simplifying the signal path, and identifying fantastic speaker/amplifier synergies, etc...

If some unsuspecting newbie were to stumble onto this forum they would likely come away thinking that a fuse or a piece of wire are the most important elements towards obtaining wonderful hifi sound. This is unfortunate. For example, my discovery of listening to a SET circuit years ago paired with speakers possessing a high and flat impedance greatly outshines any joy derived from identifying the finest digital cable produced by man. I'm simply questioning the hifi priorities that this forum seems to be obsessed with lately.

Is it just me?
128x128three_easy_payments
@three_easy:   I've been around a long long time, all the way back to when Lafayette ruled.
I've seen many generations of 'what is important in audio' come and go and this current 'age of wire' will eventually go too, but it has been around a long time.
Sound is subjective so sit back and enjoy.
I agree that it's a question of proportion, and the way the discussion is carried on in a lot of threads these days, an unsuspecting reader might easily get the impression that substituting one brand of audiophile fuse for another makes as big a difference to the sound of a system as, say, moving from one brand of speaker to another.
I've seen arguments about cables since Monster introduced the first so called 'audiophile' cables. These arguments will likely go on until there is some kind of agreed upon evaluation of the efficacy of cables and/or any particular cable. In that case how about forever.

As for tweaks, many more have been invented over the years, I recall a time when only tweaks were of the diy variety. Much more fodder for opinions today.

Not all using tweaks are trying to get away with something on the cheap. For many they are the final products purchased for systems otherwise optimized. Seems to me the reason they're called tweaks.

Finally, repetition is the lifeblood of social media, without it these places would die.
I see someone feels so incredibly threatened by this thread that they started an identically named thread in order to dilute the conversation. Incredible. Draw your own conclusions.