Putting it to bed

I've read a few articles how Phil Collins of Genesis was having a hard time physically and with his ex wife. After seeing him here, it's a reminder you just can't cheat time, especially when medical issues get ahold of you. Looks like his son picked up his chops, though.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertainment-arts-58508715

The physical part of aging SUCKS and no fun.
tablejockey
sgreg1,
Your outlook is a sad one. Every age has its own charms and troubles. Old age isn't a curse, it's a progression. 
Old audiophiles who cannot hear, but still want “ the best”, is the curse of this hobby.
@roxy54 

After living with and helping my Father with Parkinson's disease for 10 years I do not see the “charm” in old age. I would not wish that on anyone and could not even think of a worse illness to go through as a family!
sgreg1-

Parkinson's is a horrible disease. Your father is in a much better place(wherever that is). I watched my mother deteriorate from dementia and had a stroke myself, while she was on her last leg of the journey. Mom did not recognize her children her final year.

If one can stay healthy, escape  degenerative disease and stay mentally sharp-you've won the most difficult competition on the face of this earth. Most everything else in this life can be figured out.