100W+ solid-state amps known for beautiful mids

Quad 909 back in the day had a reputation for the best mids running up to $5000. I've used it in the past and I would definitely say that the mids were the highlight on that amp. It wasn't overly coloured, a hint of warmth, but it had a purity and sweetness to its mids. Unfortunately, mostly everything else was okay at best, kind of rolled off at both ends and congested stage-wise.

I'm looking for that same purity and sweetness without sacrificing the rest of the sonic traits. What have been your guys' contenders for 100W+ solid state power amps with the best mids?
128x128hedonism
Contact Steve,or Pat at SMc Audio and they will make you happy. I own a modded DNA amplifier from them and cannot speak highly enough of it’s performance as well as the down to earth, honest and professional customer service I have, and continue to receive. Rare commodity these days. I also enjoy a heavily “massaged “ TLC preamplifier from them. They will work with you and your system until it is correct…. For you and your situation. 
Hypex Ncore 400 monoblocks are hard to surpass. Just add a shielding wall between the amplifier and the power supply to get the best results. Keeping the operating temperature as low as possible is worth the effort and results in optimum performance.
@millercarbon. 

Yup.
acoustic, electric, the acoustic, is stellar.
electric, Dave mustaine, and most metal is crunchy, evil, and almost flawless!

+1
@fstein 

What is wrong with the Pass you now have?

It's an excellent amplifier and I've really enjoyed my time with it so far, but it's not flawless.

1. It's a very high performer, it's got a very spacious soundstage, wide deep and tall, with excellent layering and separation. It has large vivid and palpable imaging. The bass is huge and lots of fun. But at the end of the day, it's slightly too coloured for me, and despite the warmth, the mids still lack some of that sweetness and purity that the Quad had. There's still some dryness to the PASS X250.5's mids.

2. It has quite low input impedance at 12k ohms. That means there's some bass roll off with the tube preamp that I have currently. I could ameliorate that with a higher uF value output capacitor, but I would like to avoid soldering and I'm worried what a higher value cap would do to the sound. Buying a new amp is just easier, one with higher input impedance this time.

3. It takes quite a while for it to warm up and reach peak performance. I don't like waiting around that long, especially when I've had a long day at work and just want to kick back and listen to some music. I'd also rather not leave it on 24/7 because it's an older unit and I don't want the capacitors to dry out (plus the energy bills add up over time!)