MHDT Orchid TUBE ROLLING

Interested in hearing about tube rolling experiences with the Orchid and other MHDT dacs, namely, the specific comparative sonic characteristics of the various 396a, 5670 and other compatible tubes used in the output buffer. My only experience is with the WE396a that Linear Tube Audio installed in my new Orchid.
pmboyd
I’ve been considering an Orchid, and I just noticed on the LTA website that the WE396A upgrade is unavailable, but they are offering an Ericsson 5670 for the same price. With all the hoopla about using 6922 or 6SN7 converters, I’m wondering if I’m better off skipping the small tubes altogether and going straight to bigger tubes. I see the 6SN7 requires a case mod and the tube sticks up quite a bit. Does the 6922 require a mod as well?

6922 on top of converter will go through the cut out of the top plate... unlike the 6sn7 whose diameter is larger than the hole in the top plate, thus running that tube w converyer you need to run without top plate or enlarge the hole

but the 6922 with converter plug will sit tall, will protrude up far above the level of the top plate by 2/3 of the glass envelope of the tube
I tried the 6SN7 with the converter in my Orchid and did not care for it. No experience with the 6922.
Tube Depot has the we396a 1958 “D” getter just in.  Or is it a Western Electric JW2C51?  I ordered one.  Let you know.
https://tubedepot.com/products/396a-2c51-we
Curiosity Question
                             I have a DAC and Phonostage using E88CC's.
How does the 6SN7 find a usage in a Circuit that can use the E88CC, 6922, 6n23p Valves.
I would be keen to learn about this as an alternate option for my own trials.