Amp Recommendation for new JBL L100 Classic

Greetings,
I am looking into buying the new JBL L100 Classics and I would also like to buy a decent integrated amplifier with an internal DAC and optical input to drive them. My budget for the amp is around $1200 (or £ since prices seem to translate 1:1), but it will be great if I can do it with less than 1k. I auditioned the speakers this weekend (along with L82s and KLH model 5s) all with a Leak Stereo 130 amp.

The L100s sounded great actually, but then on further research I got worried that the Leak amp might not be powerful enough for them, even though on paper L100s should work with 25-200W/4ohm and the Leak is supposed to give 65W on 4ohms. I also didn't push the amp past mid volume in the store. Anyways, I decided to look for more options around the same price point and I came up with these alternatives:

- Cambridge CXA81: 120W. one drawback for this is lack of phono and bass/treble knobs.
- Pro-ject Maiaa DS2: 135W. is this a good amp?
- Marantz PM7000N: 80W. Only 15W higher than the Leak, so pretty much same concerns. Just wondering if this is a better amp than the leak.

- Peachtree Nova 125SE: 200W. has great features but is class D unlike others above, is that a problem? I have heard mixed things about how it sounds.

Really appreciate some tips about these and also comments on whether Leak is indeed not enough for the L100s.
hifiyolo
+1 For the Yamaha. I believe the Marantz is an excellent choice as well. Good luck with your search.

Cheers,

Scott
I drive those wonderful speakers with a 70 wpc KT150 integrated amp, and play them loud often.  They sound just great.  I use a Lyric integrated.  Ti 140.  Plenty of power.
Hi there,
Just wanted to report back on what I ended up auditioning and purchasing, in case someone else finds it useful in the future. After a lot of research, I decided I wanted to invest more and get a more powerful amp. So I ended up auditioning the L100 speakers initially with these amps:
- Primare l15 prisma
- Hegel H95
- Lyngdorf tdai 1120
- Arcam SA30
I created a playlist of 10 tracks from different genres to probe different aspects of the speakers, and tried to be as systematic as possible. The difference between these amps were actually greater than what I thought. If I want to just rank my preference it would be H95 > Lyngdorf > Primare > Arcam. Lyngdorf I thought had a better bass but not as crisp as Primare on the mids. H95 sounded very nice, and even though the bass felt slightly less full than the Lyngdorf, it overall sounded nicest to me. To my surprise Arcam was not impressive despite its rated power, not sure why. I then wanted to know how going up the Hegel ladder would change my experience, so I also auditioned H120 and H190 right after the first round. Well, H120 seemed like a clear improvement, specially in the depth of the bass, though the difference was not as clear between H120 and H190. My partner and I still felt that some bass heavy tracks still had a better finish, but they both sounded close to one another. The store gave us a good deal with H190 so we ended up buying that at the end. I spent a lot more than my original budget on the Amp, but the setup sure sounds fantastic.