Audioquest vs. Others

I realize that this post will probably open a landslide of responses but my question is focused on the comparison of Audioquest vs other manufacturers. This is not aimed to address power cables or speaker wire but only interconnect cables. Like Audioquest, many brands offer cables in a range of prices....low, medium, high, and super high. My interest is not to compare a lower price/quality cable to one that is far superior but to ask if comparisons have been done within equal price ranges of different brands.

Yes, some systems are capable of distinguishing minute changes in a cable makeup. Some manufacturers even offer a free trial and return policy. I know that. But, in a moderately priced system, are there any opinions that would deter one from using the Audioquest brand vs another brand? Remember....staying in a comparable price range.

jrpnde
Looks like most here jumped on the “I hate Audioquest” bandwagon.  No company would purposely make “Broken” cables.  You guys sound like the anti Vaxxers conspiracy crowd.  Really?
AudioQuest makes decent cables, they started losing my interest when it became price prohibitive and also technically impossible to get their best cables.  Technically impossible due to the fact that if don't have bi-wire capable speakers then you won't get the best sound out their high end cables.

Switched to Ansuz and couldn't be happier.
@stereo5
I don’t hate Audioquest. I am allowed to be disappointed in what they have later come to offer.

I mean...let me rattle off the list of products I have from Audioquest:

Audioquest Slate speaker cable.
Audioquest Rocket 44 speaker cable x 2
Audioquest CV-4 speaker cable
Audioquest Type-4 speaker cable
Audioquest Boxer Subwoofer cable x 2
Audioquest Mocha HDMI cable
Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI x 2
Audioquest Carbon HDMI x 2
Audioquest NRG Edison x 2
Audioquest NRG X2 x 2
Audioquest NRG Y2 x 2
Audioquest NRG Y3
Audioquest NRG Z2
Audioquest NRG Z3
Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt
Audioquest FMJ Jitterbug x 2
Audioquest Jitterbug
Audioquest Nighthawk
Audioquest Nightowl
Audioquest Nightbird cable
Audioquest Powerquest 2
Audioquest Powerquest 3 x 2
Audioquest Sydney
Audioquest Victoria
Audioquest Yosemite
Audioquest Ruby X3
Audioquest Optilink 4 fiber optic cable
Audioquest S2 S-VHS cable
Audioquest S4 S-VHS cable
Audioquest YIQ 2 Component cables

So....I feel like I can say, with some authority, that I might have some experience with Audioquest. ;)

@guakus,

You weren’t singled out by me and you don’t need to convince me that you own Audioquest cables. My beef is the blanket statement made here by someone, not you, that Audioquest purposely makes broken cables to lure you into the more expensive ones.  Like many, I started with Audioquest cables and in my case were the Indigo Blue speaker cables.  I had them for years and don’t remember why I unloaded them as I kind of wish I had kept them. 

Audioquest is a quality brand cable, like them or not and they are probably as good as any of the other brands out there.  It all boils down to personal taste and system synergy.