Mono cartridge recommendation

Ok, so tomorrow, my TNT will be getting a new baby brother.  I'd like to get a mono cartridge for it, my budget for now is up to $1K, less is better but not strictly necessary.

I'm open to MC, MI, or MM carts, but I generally prefer MCs. My Herron VTPH-2A can handle pretty much anything. I also have a few SUTs too to play around with. 

I tend to gravitate toward extremely neutral cartridges, so that's a consideration. I know everyone's system is different and will have different opinions on what constitutes neutral.

I have a couple of tonearms of various masses, so matching shouldn't be an issue. I've seen ATs, Hanas, Ortofons, and a few others in that range, but I don't have an opportunity to audition any of them before purchase.

My system:
Phono preamp: Herron VTPH-2A
Preamp:  Balanced Audio Technology VK-30SE
Amp:  Bryston 4B SST2
Speakers Magnepan 1.7i
Among other things...

I'm hoping the collective intelligence of the group will help me find a good match. So, what are your impressions of various mono cartridges in this price range?

vinylzone
I’m a huge fan of Miyajima STEREO cartridges with Cross Ring method (Miyajima patent, not sure if this cross ring method utilized in mono design, but this is what makes Miyajima stereo cartridges so special).

However, my mono cartridge is MM, it’s a true mono design with only 2 pins for lead wires. My mono records are mostly from the 60’s, 70’s.

Here is a topic about my Mono MM where you can read more about mono in general. 
A bridged stereo cartridge becomes a “horizontal generator”. Signal produced by vertical deflection of the cantilever is canceled.
@lewm 
Effectively maybe, but not physically.  Especially if the vertical deflection isn't the same in both coils.  Horizontal coils in theory don't rely on cancellation in the vertical plane, they simply don't register it.