Audio deals you bought that seem impossible for the price?

When I look at the Elac Adante center channel I bought open box (I later added the stand) for $1400 total, a couple of years back, I think how is this even possible at anywhere near the price?  The 65 pound speaker (designed by the amazing Andrew Jones) has an aluminum front baffle with waveguide, custom designed (as opposed to off the shelf) concentric drivers, a very sophisticated internal woofer band pass structure and a trapezoidal cabinet.  
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-NJlSV8T4YYE/p_970AC61GB/ELAC-Adante-AC-61-Gloss-Black.html#&gid=1&pid=2

What are your audio purchases that seem impossible, or where the manufacturer clearly lost money?

emailists
The three pairs of Magnepan speakers that I  have purchased.
They sound much better than any speakers in their 
respective price ranges.  
Post removed 
     No one is losing money. High end audio is typically priced at 6 times manufacturing cost.  This is how nice ole homey Paul of PS audio can afford to give MSRP in trade for your old stuff:  Assuming he sells at the standard of 600% of cost to make, a $6,000 piece has $5,000 to play with, because he has no middleman or retailers.
     Transistors, caps, etc are cheap. once there is a design, its mostly profit.
     Dealers  pay 50% of retail.  The distributor pays the other 50% to the factory.  Dealers typically pay freight, but on a good sized order, the sales rep will deliver to make the sale. 
     We all get great deals here and there, I hope, but as I said, no on is losing money, unless the company has other serious problems, such as getting stuff built by the lowest bidder, i.e. early American relatively higher end audio, such as Phase Linear, GAS (Ampzilla), and Hafler.
Audible Illusions M3 preamp and Cary 40m monoblocks for $800
4x Klipsch Heresy for $400
Nakamichi Dragon $100 (not working)
KEF LS50 $500
Linn LP12 Valhalla Ittok LVII K9 $800
Rega P3 Grace747 Nagaoka 110. Schitt phono stage, 2 Grado cartridges and 75 LPs  $600
Teac X2000R with case rolling cart and mouse ear cover. $250
-and lots more over the years 

Trying to arrange a time to meet a seller this weekend for a NAD/Rega P2 for $120. 
Back in AG’s prime, circa 2003, I bought a pair of Martin Logan Monolith III’s here for $900. The speakers were absolutely mint. I also bought a pair of Balanced Audio Technology VK1000 mono blocks for $2000! The days of great deals here are long gone.