Hearing Aids

Well Folks, I had to bite the bullet and get a pair. Went to an audiologist and the result is moderate hearing loss with tinnitus. I had already read some discussions here and researched other places as well and settled on a pair of Widex Moment 440's. I've had them in for 5 hours now and the clarity they provide with speech is astounding. Just got home and starting to listen to a wide variety of music. They have a "music" mode that is definitely more natural sounding than the other modes. I think it's going to take me a while to get used to hearing frequencies/sounds I was missing but these do have the ability to tweak a bit so I'll explore that later. I am finding right away I'm listening at lower volumes and there is now a crispness to notes along with textures I didn't have before. I'll update later as I progress with these. But overall very happy I made the move.
128x128ratboysr
I wish I had gone with a Widex model; anything but the Siemens Signia aids that an audiologist talked me into.

No ability to tweak the music setting at home. Must be done by audiologist, which amounts to making guesses at the office. Back and forth; finally gave up.

The iPhone app is constantly locking up and has to be restarted. Bluetooth pairs with iPhone but not with Apple watch????

No help from Siemens with any of this. They have not responded to my emails.

A very expensive mistake on my part.

With that said, there is no going back to listening without hearing aids. My units pass the lows and mids (perforated ear cups) and just amplify the upper mids and highs. Huge difference to my rock musician ears.
Widex Moment 440 made a huge difference for me. I have upper mid and high frequency losses. I won't listen to my stereo without them. The effect is like I upgraded my speakers. I consider it an upgraded component.
I bought the Costco Kirkland brand 9.0 aids. Excellent and inexpensive. Completely programmable for music via my phone. They’re made by Phonak.  One half to one third the price of others. 
"moderate hearing loss with tinnitus"

ratboysr-are what have you noticed regarding the severity of your tinnitus since wearing the hearing aids?
@tablejockey With the aids in the tinnitus is still there but far less prevalent. If I've had them out for a few hours the tinnitus is more noticeable again. Wish it were completely gone but I'll take the improvement.