Vandersteen Model 5 speakers

Are the high pass filters required for use on the older model 5 speakers or can they be used without them?

Thanks
bigkidz
You can call Vandersteen to get information on drivers. They sell them for very reasonable.
Babybear thanks I meant to say the 7" driver. They work with no issues so I will wait on the x-overs and look into the battery pack. My local vandy dealer offered to help me out with set-up.
When the 5's are set up and running properly they are wonderful speakers. ..but listen to Babybear. In order to set up your speakers properly, your dealer will need Realistic analogue sound pressure meter, the official Vandersteen setup CD, and a laser penlight. You can send the crossover boards back to Vandersteen and they will replace the batteries for about 150 dollars as I remember. You must do it or the sound will not be what it was designed for. There is an appreciable step up when the batteries are replaced. You can't do it yourself because all the batteries are soldered in. There are 6 or 8 batteries...there are also batteries in the high pass filters that must be replaced as well. Contact Vandersteen himself for all of the information you might need. He is extremely nice and always looks out for his customers.
The Vandersteen drivers are all custom, including cones, baskets etc are also measured and match blueprinted at 4 points per driver for best left right matching pair performance
There are also three 9 volt batteries inside the speaker on the x over boadrs that should be pulled out as per in the manual and changed with the 10 year Lith Ion type 9 v
properly pack and ship just the boards and new batteries is best performed neatly at the factory.
Best JohnnyR