Time to upgrade my turntable?

I'm thinking about getting a new turntable to replace my 4 year old Pro-ject Debut Carbon with an acrylic platter and 2M Blue cartridge (with about 600 hours on it). My budget right now is about $1000 but would consider spending a bit more for right turntable. Currently my system consists of a Sansui B-2101 2 amp (200 wpc) powering ADS L1290 speakers (the speakers will be upgraded shortly to ADS L1590's when I find and replace a couple drivers). I am using a Yamaha DSP A1 as the preamp (I like the DSP sound fields that imitate jazz clubs and concert halls). I do have the matching Sansui C-2101 preamp but it is not currently in line.  I also use a DBX 3BX DS impact restorer and expander/compressor. 

I listen to classical music and jazz.

What would you suggest? I might prefer to stay within the Pro-ject line as I could reuse the acrylic platter (if one is not provided with the recommended turntable). Perhaps the debut pro or X1?
128x128cspiegs
One other note; you may want to consider the Audiogon vendors (TMR, etc.) that will take your Pro-Ject in trade.  Some offer consignment as an alternative to trade-in price.  I've found consignment almost doubles the trade-in value and only takes 4-6 weeks to complete a sale.

There's also on-line vendors with robust trade in programs on most equipment like Hi-Fi Heaven and Overture.
Ortofon can be expected to claim the cartridge is the most important element.  But the best cartridge in the world will sound terrible if the turntable and arm are not well enough engineered to retain the stylus in precisely the correct orientation in the groove.  Just a micron or two will really screw it up and there are three dimensions to keep right.

I have nothing against Ortofon; I have their Anna and A90 and both are absolutely top-grade.
@ mijostyn

you should be be so negative about DSP. You will also be using it eventually. Actually, you already are. Every recent recording you have was manipulated by DSP. Ignorance is bliss.

They also use reverb, delay, compressors & all kinds of equipment to MAKE the recordings that aren't used in playback. There is a difference between MAKING and PLAYING a recording. I see your problem. You don't know Shite from Shimola. But I suspect it makes for a blissful life for you.