Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 DAC

Nobody seems to have this dac.  But this Dac  has attracted much attention on other forums for a base price of $999.00
1.  Audiocircle 15 pages.
2.  Canuck Audio Mart 28 pages.
3.  Head-Fi 51 pages.

soundcheck6
garry's $1000 dac is an interesting head on competitor to jian's mhdt dacs... similar organic coherent natural sound, treble is presented effortlessly, not like it is shot at you through a fire hose

garry uses modern ess or akm chips, jian uses old tasty r2r chips - both with output stages with beautifying tubes -- i personally like these dacs (and vlad's audio mirror) more than denafrips, which, while well built and discrete r2r, use ss output stages and thus present music with a bit more of solid state amp clean and lean signature with slightly elevated treble
Would be interesting to hear if anyone has downgraded $ vise to this dac because it
sounded better !

I have moved through a few DACs and this one is definitely something special.
I’ve owned DACs that have costs over 6 times this one and I cannot say this one is any worse.
There is this sense of Organic Nature to the sound and background is very quiet.
I listen with headphones and find the soundstage depth to be such that they are placed somewhere in between each other just like our planets in the Solar System.
In my opinion it’s one of the best kept secrets in audiophile world. 
I have the  MP-D2 MK3 and I'll repeat much of what has already been mentioned above.  Organic and natural is a good place to begin. And I will add  relaxed,  detailed  with loads of timbral integrity  when  film caps and tubes are replaced with high quality parts. Garry is a real gentleman and honors his customers with real world audiophile respect. I bought this instead of a Denafips Pontus because I could tweak it without having to breakout my soldering iron,  I highly recommend you give this a listen before dropping thousands more on a hyped up audiophile (forums) DAC (s).
@jjss49 I appreciate the comparison to MHDT DACs and this is my precise position, looking toward these two entities and their products. Clearly, these two companies are building gear that surpasses such notables as the Schiit Bifrost and the Denafrips Ares, which seem to be the top contenders in the sub-$1000 SS column. So, can anything MORE be said about the comparison between the MHDT orchid, for example, and the MP-D2 MK3?

Thanks!

IMHO, after reading the 6 Moon's review of the MHDT Orchid you could easily switch names to the Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 as the description appears synonymous. I have not heard the Orchid but they share similar sound design elements though the MP-D2 MK3 is larger and is tube rectified and has APT-X HD for when you're feeling lazy or you just want background music while cooking/dining that can be changed from the dining table. Hope this helps.