Owners of Pass Labs XA30.5

Hello Friends, I am using this amp for last two years and
my speakers are from Dynaudio Crafft which has 86 db in 4 ohms. My listening room size is 14x18x12 (WxLxH).
Always the amp play in AB mode. Some what I am missing class A playback. There is no budget to me go for XA 60.5. So, Please share your experience of your speakers which drives this amp.I am planning to changing the speakers. I saw some reviews recommending to go for 89 or 90 db speakers. But, I am confused to select the speakers and worried about the sound,synergy. My budget is usd 3-5k.- Thank you
rabbani
John,

Thanks for your thoughts. I was using a tube integrated with 80 watts, but was considering the Pass as I'm getting sick of tubes. I also use a Velodyne DD-15 sub, so the bass is plenty as my Montanas are out in the center of the living room and actually lack in the low bass (<50Hz). My finances do not permit the XA60.5, but I could swing a used 30.5 Thanks
Koestner,

It's always a gamble when you take recommendations. Sometimes the odds are better than good. I think the odds are pretty good that you'd be real happy with the 30.5.

I own one and use it with my Guarneri's in my home office but for awhile I had it hooked it up to my Maggie 3.6's in a larger room. The Mags are 4 ohm/low 80's db, and I had to go louder than "I" would like to make the needles move.

A 4 ohm rating is just the "average" impedance and it varies depending on the frequency. The less the impedance varies the better for lower power amps. The 30.5 has so much in reserve and if you prefer mid/lower volume levels, your odds get even better. Good luck.
Thanks Onemug, I am quite close to my decision. The only other candidate is the Modwright KWA 150 SE. Anybody have any thoughts between the two?
The resale on the Pass will be much higher. Other than that my guess would be that they are quite similar (that's just a guess as I haven't heard the Modwright but have read all about it).
Hi All, Any one driving silverline ref 17 supreme monitor with this XA30.5? or any other matching silverline speakers?