Doge 7 tube DAC

Anyone here using or have heard the Doge 7 tube DAC? I'm very interested in it after watching the review of Jay (The next best thing studio).

I was set on getting the Denafrips Venus II but after viewing his review, i am now on the fence whether i should get the Doge 7 or the Venus II. Jay gave the Doge 7 "the best DAC award last month along with the Pontus" and yesterday on their yearly awards, he gave the "Best price no object - component award of the year" to Doge 7 tube DAC and take note, among its competitors were the Denafrips Pontus and Terminator+.

I'm really intrigued if i should get the Doge 7 due to this.

My system:

B&W 805D3

Primaluna EVO400 tube preamp (soon)

Primaluna EVO400 tube poweramp - 2x 70w (soon)

streamer - either lumin u1 mini or OpticalRendu (soon)

small bedroom setup (18 sqm/193 sqft)

music i listen to = jazz/classical/soft relaxing music. I don't listen to rock, electronic, loud, disco music.

joms
jjss49  - +1 on your D7 findings as well.  The AN 4.1 + sonnet have been on my radar.
Yes!!! JJSS is in the house and ready t review!  Love it. 
This is a wonderful piece of gear.  I’m confident you’ll find it clear and musical.  
this will take some time, several units to sort through, tube choices, rca vs xlr outs, lots of permutations to cover, differences can be somewhat subtle ... i will come back with what i am hearing once i have solidified the impressions ... thanks for the interest!
Just curious for those of you who’d rolled the tubes, any particular tubes you think pair really well? I see on the dodge website one reviewer really felt compelled by the sonic improvement using Tung-Sol 12AX7 tubes. I love how so many folks pair this DAC with all sorts of downstream components (more tubes, or solid state) and it seems to play well with just about everything.

Also curious if anyone is using the (digital) volume control on the DAC and driving their amplifier directly. 

Thanks!
@dvdboulet,

The Chinese tubes that ship with it are really quiet, decent tubes. I really like new/reissue Gold Lions throughout it, as an easy choice (both the 12AT7s and 12AX7s), but I got some "butt ugly" RCA 12AT7s from Brent Jesse that sound really good too.

I suppose one of the downsides to the Doge 7 is the 8 12 volt tubes you have to deal with. 8 tubes make rolling not an inexpensive thing. I’ve rolled more tubes in my amp and preamp than the thing so I’m not an expert on it. I’ve noticed that so long as the tubes are quiet and have good life, the sound from the Doge 7 is excellent.