Bass sensation like a loud car system in home?

I know this is a bit of a silly question but bear with me here:

What options are there for getting that feeling of a powerful subwoofer vibrating through your body in your home?  I know the easiest option would be to just put a capable subwoofer next to your seating and let it hit as hard as it can.  I'm also not trying to make all of my neighbors hate me so I'm looking for some creative solutions to pulling it off at reasonable residential volumes.

I'm thinking that some combination of tactile transducers in the couch and a subwoofer next to or also installed inside of the couch would get pretty close.  Being right under your body I wonder what kind of decibels would actually be required to get a bass massage going.  Without the sensation of the high volume bass it also might just seem silly and be a complete waste of time aside from watching movies.

Thoughts?
yukispier
Very large woofers and lots of power.

I suggest a pair or 24" Hartley woofers in custom cabs that can be many shapes. Hartley can help you with this.

https://www.hartleyloudspeakers.com/new_page_2.htm

We built some cabs for these back in the day for the Levinson HQD system:

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=levinson+hqd&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjW...

They are big, but will give you what you are seeking.

Cheers!
The Eminent Technology rotary subwoofer can easily do this. it’s a bit pricey but if you want bass down to 1Hz, it’s the best.

http://www.rotarywoofer.com/
I own a pair of Hartley Reference, a full range speaker with the 24" as  the woofers.  My understanding is that the 24"ers are no longer produced and very difficult to find on the open market.  It took me over two years to find a pair on the internet and I bought them of course \8-).

Easier to find the 18" drivers, still few and far between.

OP,  If you really want boom boom then the Hartleys are not for you.  Buy some modern powered sub-woofers.  The Hartleys are very musical and not designed to slam you in the face, they will but I'm not going to find out for how long.

Regards,
barts

Have you considered structural damage to your home? Corner cracked windows? Drywall screws backing out?

What @myjostin said, and…

What you get in a car is called "Cabin Gain"; large drivers in a confined space. You can solve this in a house by adding a lot of large drivers, most musicians playing bass prefer 4 or more 10” drivers right now for a modest club, multiples of that for larger halls, rather than 2 12’s or 15’s, for accuracy sake. (A random fact made by musicians buying performance speaker cabinets.)

Or, to everyone else’s point that you could possibly be the most hated person in town, you can build a small room within a room in a basement or garage, as an example, where the listening chair is in the middle, and the drivers are modified surface mounts and the cabinets external to the listening space. Say 6’x8’; with all surfaces dampened with fabric, carpet with padding etc. This takes Nearfield listening to the extreme. And it doesn’t take scads of power to pull it off.

If properly constructed, even people outside of your "cell" in your house won’t be too bothered, because you don’t need windows and instead of sheet metal on the outside you can use fire rated ⅝” Sheetrock on the inside and outside, and of course if built well, you can fill the insides of the walls and ceiling with sand or some other such vibration dampening material. So essentially a soundproof booth.

Frankly, I’m glad you brought this up, because I’m going to design one for my garage and build it. I love thunderous Rock and Classical, as it’s the best anti-depressant I have found. 😉

And I can execute a tasteful low wattage prissy system for my family room for showin’ off. 😂

A spectacular system could be built for around $5-6k.

I dub thee the “Sound Cell Supreme" listening room. ©️2021 William Pietrzak.

2- Scan-Speak 32W/8878T11 Revelator 13" Woofers, $1,400.
2- Hypex FusionAmp FA501 (250W 8 ohms mono), $1,000.
5- Seas Excel C18EN002/A (E0060) 6.5" Coaxials, $2,500.
1- $2,500 5 channel surround sound receiver of your choice.
1- Building supplies for room and speaker enclosures, $2,500.

Total, $10,000. And peace of mind that no one will bother you, and you will bother no one.

(I already have an Arcam surround receiver and 2 KEF subs to handle the power end and bass, so I’ll settle for those in mine.)