I don't have sibilance problems, are my speakers dull?

Another poster asked for help dealing with sibilant performances.

It got me to thinking, the one thing I have not had a problem with in like forever is sibilance. Maybe this is because I don’t seek to make my system "revealing" which to me often just means bright.

I’m now kind of curious, exactly what kind of gear and recordings bring this problem out?

Best,

E
erik_squires
I used to have bouts of sibilance with various recordings (Linda Ronstadt's "What's New" for sure) on Martin Logan SL3s and on Dynaudio Sapphires with the Esotar 2 tweeter.

I feel I have no sibilance ever anymore on pretty much any recording I own since moving to Raidho D2s (sealed ribbon tweeter).  What is even better is that the D2's far superior resolution is simply stunning and they have opened up every recording I own over the other speakers. The greatest tweeter ever for me (and mid-woofers).
I think it comes down to overly bright speakers, probably the less expensive speakers, probably the ones you guys don’t use.  I had some Energy Veritas that were horribly sibilant, same with a bunch of paradigms.  Pair them with bright cables and harsh amps and as a novice you’d think “lots of detail” or “crispy” and then you find out what sibilance is…
That last sentence made me smile remembering my listening skills, or lack of skills, some 20-30 years ago.  Some lessons weren't fun. grin.