"Need" Roon, Bluesound Node, or or other streamer?

I am thinking about adding a streamer, and have hopelessly confused myself, and hoping you all can straighten me out with some advice/options here.

All I want to do is stream my Tidal with MQA quality, Quboz, new Apple tier, Amazon, and my ripped CDs, all with as much sound quality as possible (with a budget of $1200 maxish).   Integrated playlist capability, and ideally with full MQA for the Tidal (but low priority in the scheme of things).   I do not need wireless, multizone, etc. 

Currently my Macbook Pro is the "streamer" using Tidal, Quboz & Apple supplied apps.  I USB out to my DAC.

-- If I buy the Bluesound Node, I lose full MQA if I connect my external DAC.  They tell me I have to use their internal DAC.  Otherwise I can connect my external at a lower "quality".  Yet, many people here trash their DAC...
-- Trial of Audirvana Studio is a train wreck so far... 

Questions: For my situation, in you all's opinion:

• Buy the Node, and call it a day? I could switch between Internal Node Dac for MQA and external DAC...
  • Buy a Cambridge or other streamer and call it a day? Are they worth the extra $$ especially if I would ideally like to stick with my external DAC?
  • Buy into Roon solution and either build a NUC server or go Little Green or Nucleus?  OR use one of my old Mac laptops maybe?
  • What the hell is the difference between Roon and the Bluesound Node anyway?

Sorry, all over the place here, but evidence of my frustration...

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

bogbeat
Post removed 
@ho249,
I don't know if you meant having to buy dedicated equipment, but you can control Roon equipped streamers or Bluesound using the corresponding Windows app.
B
As a wrinkIe, I noticed Cambridge (ROON ready) refurbs at below $1k this weekend.  Thoughts on these?

-Or- a used "bridge" only which allows me to keep my external DAC as primary.  Like an Auralic Aries? Perhaps use their native app to control the streams from my MBPro or iphone, or keep the ROON to control...

Both the Cambridges and Aires are "older" units but...  What say you all?
Aurelic Aries is very good sonically assuming you're using it with their or another high quality linear power supply. Current models are Roon-ready, but if you're getting an older one, it's worth confirming that it's Roon-ready or you'll be stuck with their proprietary software, which is pretty good, but not as engaging as Roon. 

An advantage IMHO of the bridge approach is that you can invest in a NAS based on the size of your library and keep the NAS in a different room allowing you to use standard disk types (e.g. Western Digital Red) instead of having to pay for SS drives(quieter but much more costly). 

Another worthy line of "bridge" devices aka renderers is Sonore, which I am biased towards, and feel offer the most sound quality and flexibility for the cost, along with superb support...especially if purchased from Small Green Computer. Cheers,
Spencer
Thanks a lot, Spencer.  The Sonore/Small Green Computer offerings are a very enticing option! Still need to look into whether the ARIES is ROON ready.   I like the bridge approach as well. 

In the meantime, I jumped on the Cambridge deal to buy me some time to more carefully sort out what I really want/need.

All of you all's info and advice has opened up my eyes to a bunch of possibilities, and a new lens to evaluate with/through!