Pioneer S-1EX Loudspeaker

As a fan of TAD loudspeakers – but not in the proper tax-bracket – I am curious about Andrew Jones’ design for the Pioneer brand – the Pioneer S-1EX floor stander (which is essentially a baby TAD with the Pioneer logo). Does anyone have any experience with this speaker see here
2chnlben
Never heard 'em, but if you're looking at these speakers, I recently happened to follow a bunch of links to this:

http://www.audiophileliquidator.net/product_info.php?products_id=11427

I can't say whether or not this makes the speaker a good deal, but it will be a better deal than $11k/pr.

Marty
Marty.

Thanks for the link. That's $3,375 for each speaker and that's about what I can get them for from my local dealer. I was curious about what other folks' opinions are on the speaker itself.

Thanks again.

_Ben
I believe I have a review from the UK based magazine Hi Fi Choice. I recall the review was very favorable and judged it a steal at the price.

I'm guessing you like the sound and just want to make sure someone else didn't find a major flaw that you haven't noticed as of yet.
Thanks Rhljazz.

I have listened to them at the dealers, but I would of course have to listen to them in my system in my home and I haven't decided if I want to bother with that. I love the bigger TAD's, but the least expensive TAD is more than thirty-grand. I was wondering if others have any real experience with the Pioneers, which purportedly incorporate several key components and technologies of the TAD line...

I just can't get a good read on them at the dealer's show room. His equipment and room is so much different than mine...we all know how that goes...and - of course - I am also trying to gain some "reassurance," as well as some insight into any known shortcomings...

Cheers!

_Ben