Dodson Audio - Still in Business?

I have been trying to reach Dodson Audio recently to get my dac upgraded. I have left several voice messages with no response and now the number has been disconnected. Is Dodson still in business? Does anybody know what is going on?
fatman
"Was told the same thing as mentioned above...that a family issue had forced him to put things on hold until the beginning of May. A little frustrating to say the least..."
This would tend to corrborate the story even further: now we're 3 for 3. A little frustrating perhaps, but COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE, and APPROPRIATE from a broader life perspective. As Fatman points out:
"Family is definitely more important....."
I agree with that and support Mr. Dodson--and his decision--fully. I would hope and expect that others would as well.
In the Fall of 2002, I bought a mint Dodson DA-217 MkII-D, here on AudiogoN, to use with a Denon DCD-1650AR CD player. Since the player only had a single RCA digital output, I used a 1.5-meter Harmonic Technology Magic Digital One cable with RCA terminations. This was a big improvement on the CD player alone. In the Fall of 2004, I sent the DAC back to Ralph to install the 218 software upgrade, an AES/EBU input, and isolation transformers on the RCA and AES/EBU inputs. To keep the upgraded DAC company, I sold the Denon CD player and the RCA digital cable, and bought (again here on AudiogoN) an Audio Research CD3 MkII and a 1.0-meter length of the same digital cable, with XLR terminations.

Now, with my Rowland 201's and my Thiel 3.6's, I'm a "happy camper", and I'm grateful that I had the DAC upgrade performed when I did.

Thanks, Ralph! We wish you a speedy and satisfactory resolution of the "family issue", and we hope that you can continue supplying your splendid DAC to an appreciative audio community.
I have owned a Dodson DAC in various iterations over the last 6 years and now have a 218. I have had occassion to speak with Mr. Dodson several times over that period regarding upgrades, IC's and other issues. In addition to designing and making a superior product, he is one of the finest and most responsive gentlemen I have encountered in more than 35 years of audiophilia. I would take him at his word, and wish him the best.

Neal
>>A little frustrating perhaps, but COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE, and APPROPRIATE from a broader life perspective. >>

Absolutely. Ralph is a great guy and I wish him and his family well during this difficult time. My frustration only comes from wanting to serve my customers... :-D
Philnyc:

In my opinion, your having taken the time to post on this thread speaks volumes about your commitment to your customers. Providing information counts as serving them (in my book), and your efforts are to be commended. You must be a GREAT dealer.

It sounds like we're on the same page (along with the rest of the posters to this thread) with respect to Mr. Dodson--wishing him and his family well.