D’agostino preamp - unfortunate its SS?

spent time with the solid state dag hd momentum and a higher end tube amp.  How much is lost if one chooses DAG vs what a tube pre has to offer?

Can anyone speak to this potential DAG shortcoming?
jumia
Good solid state gives up nothing to tube equipment, they are just slightly different sounds and both are valid, but i have found you never want to mix the two due to too frequent mismatches.
D.A. audio equipment and tube sound…. Hmmmm…. I’m guessing this sounds fast, deep bass, forward, with midrange bloom so to speak…. In my limited experience, this would be something like any big Krell amp, connected to some big Apogee speakers, with a sub that can go deep, like a REL with a steep 18dB roll off at say 50hz or below I’m guessing would do the trick. Any big Apogee flat panel can make any amp sound like it has tube flavor to it; in fact IMHO, the more neutral sounding, the better; regarding fowardness, these speakers can soften a bit of the forward-ness of Krell-like gear, which leads to, at least for me, a less fatiguing listening experience when listening for longer periods. The sub will bring the deep bass in as a flat panel speaker just doesn’t dip down into deep bass like a cone driver can. Wasted writing, maybe…. Likely….. Anyways, that’s my wooden nickel’s worth of input, hah!
onhwy61,
I'm fine with "going easy on newbies", but I have also decided that there is such a thing as a stupid question, especially when asked twice, as the OP has done here.
Not the same question. Dont like my post? Dont answer.

good responses herein, helpful.  
So y u so hot and bothered???