i want a dull, caramel colored cd player any ideas

i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same. you can talk about detail, neutrality all day long.
if you don't tap your foot, it doesn't matter.

i want to relax, not bothered by detail or dynamics. veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto, by choice. thick caramel syrup makes me happy.
mrtennis
Post removed 
Mrtennis: Go back and reread my first post. If you were sincere, your seemingly highly satirical method of communicating it -- especially in light of your total lack of Audiogon history -- was completely out of whack. Sincere contributors, while they may joke around at times, aren't in the habit of posting threads that look for all the world like a troll. Personally, I'll stand by my very reasonable -- based on the evidence -- interpretation, and continue to think you might just be changing your tune now to wiggle out of a jam, or more likely still having your fun with a troll, until you acquire a track record around here to prove otherwise. It's nothing personal, just based on experience and what you wrote. I note I'm not the only one to take what you wrote the way I did. If I was wrong, I regret the misunderstanding, but don't feel I'm to blame for it. If you're not trying to have us on, then it's up to you not to come across like it.
thank you again mr. z for a thorough explanation.

ket me see if i understand the issue you raise.

i have indicated a desire to achieve a sonic presentation which lacks credibility with some individuals. i am allegedly desiring to attain the worst sound as phd staes and that position is not believable. it would then appear to some that i am disingenuous, or insincere in my request and have other agendas.

ok, you and others are entitled to your opinion.

you are implying that i am looking for a reaction and enjoying the result, so it seems.

if i say again that i dislike high frquencies and actually enjoy listening to a presentation devoid of clarity, will you now believe me or is such a position so unlikely that you still doubt the veracity of words.

my point is that in life one assumes innocent until proven otherwise.

you are assuming the opposite, i.e, accusing me and then saying the burdrn is on me to demonstrate the opposite.

i would hope a man of your education and intelligence, which by now i have great respect would take the opposite approach, namely, not a troll, or not an instigator, or not a churl until other facts are in.

as it stands now, i have gotten a few useful suggestions, accusations and the rest, sillyness.

just as you said, i don't take it seriously, audio is just a hobby.

i don't think that i am trying to extricate myself from a situation, because there is insufficient information to justify the attribute.

i bear no ill will to anyone.

you can see my other post which asks for information about cd players under construction which are not 24/192.

you made a valid point. will most likely not find the cd player of my dreams.

i may find one which does not irritate my ears, so if you have any constructive suggestions i would be glad to hear them.
my point is that in life one assumes innocent until proven otherwise
That's life (or really only the platonic ideal of the justice system) -- this is the internet. Also, on the internet as in life, one should try to be cognizant of the rules of the game if one does not want to feel cheated by the experience. But we all have to start somewhere with every new venture.

if you have any constructive suggestions i would be glad to hear them
If what you're claiming is literally true, then I would guess you should probably go to an ear doctor, get tested, and maybe get fitted for a set of custom-tailored in-ear filters to make life, or at least listening, tolerable.
Rather than change the source, your target would be a FR that dips at 3kHz & falls over 10kHz, with no midbass coupling b/ween the spkrs (i.e. minimise "dynamics).
What you want can easily be achieved with some room padding (1st reflections for sure) and bad spkr positioning (this will help compromise dynamics). Also, you may try padding the spkrs' tweet. Use a +5W, 8-10ohm resistor across the tweets. Proceed carefully!

OTOH, why on earth would you do that??