i want a dull, caramel colored cd player any ideas

i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same. you can talk about detail, neutrality all day long.
if you don't tap your foot, it doesn't matter.

i want to relax, not bothered by detail or dynamics. veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto, by choice. thick caramel syrup makes me happy.
mrtennis
gentlemen:

what right does anyone have to question my sincerity ?

it is your opinion that i want the worst sound. perhaps, you are listening to the worst sound, and i want the best sound. it's all a matter of opinion.

i'm sorry you are all taking it so personally.

evryone has the right to statisfy his/her sonic preferences without being judged by others.

remember, those who question my sincerity may at some future time have their integrity or sincerity questioned.

look in the mirror before questioning anyone's sincerity.

watch out someone may put a pin in your big ego.
hi jea48:

i have tried ferrite beads, they do more harm than good. i am 64 years old. i have an all tube system with quad 63 speakers.

my preference runs toward a vvary dark and veiled sound. that is my taste.

i am really surprised so many people are reacting angrily, as if i have insulted them for prefrring a sound they don't liek and perhaps implying i am questioning their judgment as to the criteria ofr good sound.

if people just used logic and took my request literally at face value and tried to answer the question seriously with respect, i don't think we would be going back and forth on this.

an obvious answer to my question, which i am aware of is to use an equalizer and forget about the cd player.

i am surprised nobody has suggested that.

another answer/opinion would be that such a component does not exist as an amp, preamp, cd player or speaker.

i am slowly coming to that conclusion.

the reason for asking the question is the hope that i am wrong and there is a cd player that is consitent with my sonic preference, but i guess insecure audiophiles have their own agendas.
mrtennis,

Once, using CAL Audio's Delta and Alpha player, I used a Cardas Golden Cross interconnect as digital cable. That combo had one of the most veiled and syrupy sound I've heard yet from digital.
if people just used logic and took my request literally at face value
Members using logic and taking your words at face value is what got us here in the first place Mrtennis. Let's revisit some of those words for a moment, shall we?

"i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same...veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto"
Followed up by this evergreen gem,

"what evidence do you have that i am insincere ?...is there anything i said which sounds like i don't mean what i say ??"
Uhh, only everything?

[if people] tried to answer the question seriously with respect, i don't think we would be going back and forth on this
If your post seemed either serious or respectful I might agree -- as it is, going back and forth appears to be what you wanted (it's called a troll, and yes I'm indulging you)

i am really surprised so many people are reacting angrily, as if i have insulted them
Doubt anybody's actually angry or insulted. But surprised you shouldn't be if you waste people's time

an obvious answer to my question, which i am aware of is to use an equalizer and forget about the cd player.

i am surprised nobody has suggested that.
Velo62 did just that in the fifth response (now you can be surprised)

another answer/opinion would be that such a component does not exist as an amp, preamp, cd player or speaker.
Hmm, ya think?

i am slowly coming to that conclusion.
At 64? That is slow.

the reason for asking the question is the hope that i am wrong and there is a cd player that is consitent with my sonic preference, but i guess insecure audiophiles have their own agendas
Well Mrtennis, when you have an agenda of 1 -- however secure -- you really can't expect an industry to cater to it