Channel D Lino C vs. Sutherland Little Loco

Did anybody have chance to compare above two phono stages?
Ag insider logo xs@2xilaz
Plenty of these current mode around
Goldmund
Van den hul
CH Precision
Nibiru
BMC phono

Beware though with current mode input there is a risk of micro currents running back through the coils of your precious MC and burning them out.

Allaerts in particular warns about this, he uses super fine coil wire.

I've heard the Nibiru & BMC - they are very sensitive to cartridge impedance, you really need ultra low impedance cartdiges, above 7-10 ohms internal impedance they become flaky.
@ chakster I know you have been long time advocate of the virtues of MM’s and NOS MC’s. And I do recall coming across threads where you mentioned 47 Labs electronics, but did not know until now it included their current mode phono stage. I have a few questions:

1. Have you heard other current mode phonos?

47 Labs is the only current-injection phono stage in my arsenal, but I have current mode power amp (fist watt F2J).

2. Do the current mode phono exhibit less of a sonic signature?

The signature of the current mode (current-injection) itself, in my opinion, is superb resolution, the rest is depends on a cartridge. Using a current mode require a low impedance cartridge (about 2 Ohms). Using a current model power amp require high efficient crossover-less speakers. So practically those devises have some limitations and they are good only with the right cartridge (for a phono pre) and the right speakers (for a current model power amp).

3. Vis-a-vis your arsenal of MMs’, how does a LOMC through a current mode phono compare?

Nearly all my LOMC cartridges are low impedance, but not all of them are quiet via current-mode phono stage (or other phono stages), while the best of my MM are dead quiet and without any esoteric devises they are excellent to my ears.

4. For a MM guy, why did you venture into current mode phono territory?

The statement in the beginning of your question is incorrect :)

I use all type of cartridges and all type of phono amplifications (active gain, SUT, Headamp... and current-mode). It would be correct to call me "analog guy", because I do not listen to digital in my system at all.

It’s true than my recommendations on this forum is pretty much MM or MI from the ’80s (NOS on MINT-), because this is a change to buy some exceptional stuff in this category (without paying too much compared to modern MC) and with a chance for a spare genuine (user replaceable) stylus that makes such cartridge exceptional. Unfortunately it’s impossible with MC because retipper’s parts are way different from the original parts. So MC is an expensive game full of disappointment compared to MM/MI.

However, my MC "cart of the month" is Miyajima, this is not a low impedance cartridge, but the cross-ring method is something special, this is a giant killer MC.

The rest of my MCs:

- Miyabi Standard,
- FR-7fz,
- FR-7f,
- Klipsch MCZ-10 Ruby,
- Miyabi MCA,
- Ikeda 9c III,
- Dynavector KARAT 17D2 mk2
- Shelter 5000
- Phasemation PP-300
- Ortofon SPU Spirit Ltd.
- EMT TSD 75th Anniversary
- Miyajima Kansui
- Edison Standard Wood
- Denon DL-103D
- Ortofon MC2000

.... and more (some already sold).

Not bad for "an MM guy" ? :)

But it’s true that collection of MM and MI and spare styli for them is much bigger than all my MC experience.

Some premium ZYX models were in my list of MC too, the last came from Mehran, when I realized the cost of exchange (they do not repair) for a new one (when the stylus is worn or cantilever is broken) is 60% of retail price again - I gave up! It was $5000 cartridge. Later I discovered much better sounding MM cartridges and some exceptional MC for lower price. 

@chakster , unless you have no music recorded after 1985, of course you listen to digital on your system. The DAC is before the phonostage instead of after the file.

Mikld, right now I am leaning towards the My Sonic Lab Signature Platinum. 
But now something totally different, I own two phono-pres;
Basis Exclusive and Klyne 7PX3.5 both with multitude of
amplification stages. Basis with 4 , Klyne with 3 . The sense
is to use the lowest possible by each cart. The ratio is ''the
higher the amplification the higher distortions''.The choices
 are: 40 dB ( for MM) than 50dB , than 60 dB and 69 dB. 
For those among us with many cartridges with various ouputs
this looks very attractive. What about you chakster? 
@nandric 
What about you chakster?

A provocative post, you know that everything Chakster owns is the best ever made....

until his next purchase.

His moniker should be Raul Junior.