Do You Ever Find Yourself Unable to Listen To Your System?

I was unsure how to pose this question.

I don't mean in a any technical capacity, as in, your system for some reason is not sounding good and therefore you can't stand to listen to it or some component is not functioning correctly.

I mean in the sense that your having some issues in life perhaps that is affecting you emotionally or mentally and you are unable to enjoy your system.

For me there is some personal issues that has been affecting me and my family for the past couple of years and there are times I just am not able to sit down and enjoy the rig.

For the past month I have been unable to bring myself to listen to anything. Heck, even hardly been on this forum.

I know different people deal with issue's in different ways. Some might completely immerse themselves in their system to forget about the world for a little bit.

I mean that would make sense. Music is not just enjoyable but therapeutic. 

I should actually be using my system even more in these type of times but I usually just seem to lose interest in things I like when I am a bit mentally disturbed due to some issue going on.

So I am just curious, do you any of completely turn away from your system or the opposite, immerse yourself even more?

Thnx

Jay
128x128jay73
@jay73 - I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. I find that sometimes I loose the will to listen, but I also found that if I will sit down and listen that I will usually find a way of escape, or even better yet, I'll feel better. It happened just today.

@rocray - That is some awesome advice and as you mention some advice of a lifetime has been offered here today by others. There are several persons of faith here that could become a resource for the OP if ever they are so inclined.

Finally it is a breath of fresh air that nearly everyone here has been able to contribute and that nearly no one was offended. That is what makes this country great.

OP, I pray your life issues fall away and you are left with peace and hope and a clear outlook.
@douglas_schroeder

Feel free, even to the point of changing the hobby to something else. You have no mandate from the universe to be an audiophile your whole life. It matters very little if you ever use a HiFi again. Do not let stuff chain you.

I encourage you to invest in things that are eternal, and care less about the material stuff.

and who woulda thought, the best advice from our own dougey ain’t even about gear... seriously... valuable advice we can all be reminded of every now and then  👍👍👍

now if you will excuse me, i need to readjust the bias on my $8,000 tube monoblocks... 🤣🤣🤣
I understand what your going through. Life is extremely hard, I turn my system on every day, but rarely listen to one song. Physically and emotionaly drained, I have no energy. This last year was the worst I ever experianced, and it has not stopped.
 If you have someone to talk things over with, that can help. There is no shame in seeking professional help. Sometimes reading what others say about their simiar situation helps. Know that you are not alone. I pray alot, that helps me. I hope and pray things get better for you. Tom G
I have a couple of go to albums for when times get a bit rough and they usually always get me a few steps up from the bottom of the barrel. Do you have any (for want of a better word) healing music in your collection? Keith Jarrett’s Koln Concert (moans and all) picks me up and there are a few others. Sorry of hear of your family’s situation - hope it improves for you. All the best to you and your family Jay.
OP, you read my mind. This is exactly where I am at. It has been a serious s*** storm for the past several years for me. I don't care so much when I'm the target of the attack. I land on my feet. I went though COVID, a big hit to our family business etc. etc. BUT a recent visit to my daughter and her family bowled me over. My 42 year old son in law was just diagnosed with ALS. My daughter is 36 and they have two small children at home. This seems like life at its cruelest. I am a Christian; however, this shakes my faith. To wrap it and and answer the question; YES, I think I need my rig more than ever. Don't give it up! I would appreciate prayer from any of you inclined to do so. Thank you. Joe