Gents;

I am currently enjoying my re-start of analog and LP’s 

Pro-Ject Classic 
Hana SL
Musical Surroundings Phenomona II+
Anyway, I’m finding That I really enjoy the LP life 
I’ve found a system that is quiet, dynamic and detailed with no real drawbacks 

so, As usual 

If I wanted to take the next step,  in Analog playback , at what level and price should I be looking at 

jeff 

frozentundra
@Mijo--In my experience all drive system represent trade-offs--none are perfect but some better than others. The TE-2 approach is to extract the best of what belt, direct, and idler systems have to offer while minimizing the downsides. I think the TE-2 achieves this goal as per speed stability, accuracy and quietness of operation. The proof is in both listening and measurements. As for dodging wow and flutter if you dig a little deeper you will see that Paulo at Sempersonus has developed a very sophisticated devise called the "Shaknspin" which Michael Fremer reviewed very positively on Analogue Planet. This clearly attests to the designers commitment to strong measured performance. You can read the review here:

https//www.analogplanet.com/content/shaknspin-electronically-measures-turntable-speed-plus-great-deal-more

Some Solid Tech feet are similar to Isonoe that I am using under my pair of Technics turntable in my second (not main) system.
Whilst Viewing the Isonoe Footers.
It is noticeable that the Footers share a similar Suspension Method, to the Solid Tech 'FoS'.
Looking at the Method of attachment of the O Rings it does seem possible to increase the Diameter of the O Ring to produce a improved weight carrying Footer.

What is likeable is the Easy to Remove / Threaded Attachment,
Contact Point for the Plinth or Equipment.

I was intending at some point on producing a New Contact Point for my
Solid Tech 'FoS' , that could then have a option to trial with other shapes and Materials, the Isonoe would make the Intended New Method much easier to produce a exchangeable part to experiment with.

As the Base of the Footer is not interfering with the Operation of the Footer, the available option of adding stability Base Pads/Shoes are a welcome option. 

In my view if these are not too expensive they will be worth a Trial.  
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but Townshend pods are excellent, and really easy if you get the seismic platform (which has the pods screwed in) under your turntable. Just make sure to order the correct weight limit pods since they need to compress about galf way to work optimally. Probably one of the most, if not the most expensive option, but IMHO the best. Sound improvement was fantastic. Doesn’t cure foot falls though-might actually create them at those low frequencies.
I was going to trade in my VPI HW MK II for a VPI Classic. HW told me to save myself $4K or $5K and simply upgrade to the HW MK IV. 

so I did. That was ten years ago.