Is there a point of diminished returns with amps and Harbeth 30.1s?

I’m currently using Herron M1As with my 30.1s and I’ve upgraded the rest of my system (Aries/Fatboy/SUT/DL103r and Lamm pre and phono) and each upgrade has been VERY satisfying. So is it going to be worth spending $5000 or so on the used market to upgrade the Herrons? Any thoughts as to whether I’ve reached the apex of amp/speaker performace for the M30.1s?
dhcod
@whipsaw,

Perhaps I should have been clearer in stating that no one has been able to consistently identify sonic differences between 2 level matched solid state (sand) amps. 

With valve amps all bets are off, though even there it's been noticed that better measuring valve amps tend to sonically converge, not diverge, with their solid state counterparts. A straight wire with gain as Quad's Peter Walker once said. Didn't he also claim that he didn't need to listen to his amps? The measurements alone told him everything he needed to know.

And then there was the infamous Bob Carver Stereophile challenge which surely anyone with any amplifier interest should be familiar with.

https://www.bobcarvercorp.com/carver-challenge

@troidelover1499,

Fair enough, but don't you think such a groundbreaking discovery is worthy of a public repitition?

Just imagine how many magazine editors and reviewers would come racing to plant laurels around the head of this much welcomed harbinger of glad tidings?

Of course no designer of any digital product, cable or amplifier has ever claimed or even attempted to demonstrate the sonic superiority of their product, let alone subject it to a blind listening test.

I wonder why?

So why not go ahead, and make their day if you can?  I think we'd all be curious as to what exactly these so called claimed differences actually amount to.
 A straight wire with gain as Quad's Peter Walker once said. Didn't he also claim that he didn't need to listen to his amps? The measurements alone told him everything he needed to know.
This is a view that most amplifier designers disagree with, not to mention the vast majority of audiophiles. 

Measurements do not tell the whole story.
@whipsaw

i think we are better off not wasting our breath

published studies, measurements, ’verification’

sheesh... missing the point of what this pursuit is about it seems

enjoy the tunes, and onwards...
CD318, perhaps start a new thread on blind listening test with level matched amps if you are interested? You may attract more interest from people who are keen on the subject instead of posting it here on this thread.