Blindfold Speaker testing

So if we made a  experiment where a  group of seasoned audiophiles had to choose  which speaker is best over all, 
6 brands all hidden behinda  curtain.
5 top dawgs in the xover box low sens design and 1 of the high sens PS design. How do you think the results will come out?
But we will not tell the group what speakers are behind the curtains, They will have no idea 1 of the speakers is Point Source. 
How do you think the, or lets say which 1 speaker do you think would come out on top?
No lets do this, Lets give the  group a  list of 5 speaker brands, Walsh, Wilson, Tannoy, and 2 others which are very popular, like Joseph with the Seas. 
and 1 more,
The mystery speaker is not listed, so they have no idea what speaker it is.
The ? speaker is the high sens Point Source.
Now Richard Gray hosts this *guess which speaker event* as he is a  master of these types of gimmicks and  has seasoned audiophiles fooled every single time.
Which speaker do you think will make top of the list in results??
I know.
The Mystery Speaker.
Then Richard pulls the curtain and reveals the winner.
 SURPRISEE
Got ya
The Hifi Guy

mozartfan
Low string on a  cello = 65hz
There you have it, the 20hz-40hz, not really needed to voice full symphony orchestra.
Kettle drums, eh, , 40hz will be just fine.
All is shaping up to be my 1st time with a ~~real deal~~ high fidelity speaker. 
Now if I could just sell my Cayin cd17/Mundorf Caps = speakers ordered. 
Stay tuned  folks
The Hifi Guy

Blindfold testing is not a good way of testing. You need set up a room with a transparent screen with appropriate lighting so you can’t see the speaker behind it. Take your recordings of say piano, human voice, drums etc and pick the most accurate for lows mids and highs and I doubt you will find a complete speaker. Always compromises.

If you go into a room with something covering your eyes the brain reacts differently so in turn affects your mood and hearing.

Also, I don’t like blind tests. Best to set up gear like say if you want to test for cable differences you ask the subject how you like your music ( with say Nordost Odin). Listen as long as you want. Ask the person to leave and have a quick drink of of water outside where your accomplice switches out the cable (that you can’t see) to Belden. Later come back in and listen to same music selection again to see if the person says anything. If they say sounds great then little to no differences. But if they say doesn’t sound the same something is not quite right then you have your answer. Don’t buy into BS you have to do quick switching. For example if you are trained in playing piano and if it’s off key or tempo, timbre is off or something is different you will spot it like that. That’s why when auditioning you bring your own music. And if you can’t hear anything different then the $10k interconnect has little to no difference. Enjoy ☺️
That’s why when auditioning you bring your own music. And if you can’t hear anything different then the $10k interconnect has little to no difference. Enjoy ☺️

Yes agree, 
The olds of old, going to a show room all set perfectly, with the best sounding test cds, 
Blew us all away,,**yeah I'll  take a pair***
later on,,,hummm, lol,,,not really sure i like these speakers,,,hummm,,,lol
What we all should have done, was to bring our own speakers and shootout with the dealers speakers..
This way we can compare how the the promo speaker really sounds, 
HYped, pumped up,,, we will hear  more clearly.
I am wide band fan. . Can;t be any other speaker. 
For me, wide band sound is *thinking outside the box*
*Opening the cages and letting the doves fly free*
huh?  Six pairs of speakers with different distances from each other and from the rear and side walls, all muted by a curtain.  I can't wait?
The idea of a true blind test is just a hypothetical; it is not something that could be implemented for gleaning any meaningful information.  Just on speaker setup alone, it takes MANY hours just to set up one pair of speakers, and movement of just an inch or two can result in major changes in sound (if one is moving into or out of a node).  There really can be only one pair sitting in an "ideal" spot.  Also,  speakers interact with each other so that the sound of one pair in a room is quite different from that with many other pairs in the room.  There are a host of other issues that make this sort of comparison problematic.  

Since you believe that one can make comparisons by viewing youtube videos, why don't you do videos (dark of course, so their is no image) with each speaker set up ideally in the same room?  That way each viewer can spend as much time on each blind video as the listener want to hear and the listener can make a choice when comfortable with his or her judgment.  You can then compile the results of preferences.  That way we will have some sort of valid information--which speaker sounds best when heard as a crappy youtube video.