Monitor speaker with the best bass at $500 used

I generally understand monitor speakers with small woofers cannot generate deep bass. But would like some input as to whether there are some monitors "used" for $400-500 with tight bass between 40-45HZ.
sunnyjim
That would be Von Schweikert VR-1. Easy to drive 8 ohm load and great bass with -3 db at 40 Hz.
I'm a dealer, but the PSB's still amaze me for the money. The B1's are well below your budget brand new. I've sold them to so many friends, and family, I've lost track.
Rrog, There was a used pair available as of 10 days ago, but the seller wanted $550.00 for them They are/were 10 years old and retailed at 995.00. That for me was not a good value. Even a reviewer I know claimed they were worth $300 used and no more. I would have spent to 375.00, but the seller would not budge on price

I assume they were sold, however, with the 'GON's new audio format, the ad just disappears if it is sold which I think is dumb and inconvenient for members. So there is no way to track the sale; as far as I know, the sale may have been cancelled. BTW, and for what ever it is worth, it is no longer possible to contact a member off line who has answered a thread

Zydo, I am sorry but the PSB Alpha 1 reviews are not convincing to me; they have little bass. In addition, I would use them occasionally as an alternative to my main system speakers, but they would be plugged into major electronics and not a NAD integrated. Thanks to all Jim
Sunnyjim, $500-$550 is what VR-1s sell for. What do reviewers know about speaker value? They don't pay for anything. If I were selling VR-1s I wouldn't sell them for $375 either. Speakers for $375 don't come with a beautifully finished wood cabinet. For that price you get vinyl. Bose 301s have good bass and they are only $300 NEW. You should check them out. They might be just what you are looking for and they are in your price range. I have a friend using 301s with a Wyred4sound amplifier and he likes them. He likes them so well they replaced his Maggie 1.7s. Go figure. He says all Bose engineers come from MIT and his Bose speakers have incredible design and engineering. Find a store with a 30 day trial. If you don't like them you can take them back for a refund.