Blindfold Speaker testing

So if we made a  experiment where a  group of seasoned audiophiles had to choose  which speaker is best over all, 
6 brands all hidden behinda  curtain.
5 top dawgs in the xover box low sens design and 1 of the high sens PS design. How do you think the results will come out?
But we will not tell the group what speakers are behind the curtains, They will have no idea 1 of the speakers is Point Source. 
How do you think the, or lets say which 1 speaker do you think would come out on top?
No lets do this, Lets give the  group a  list of 5 speaker brands, Walsh, Wilson, Tannoy, and 2 others which are very popular, like Joseph with the Seas. 
and 1 more,
The mystery speaker is not listed, so they have no idea what speaker it is.
The ? speaker is the high sens Point Source.
Now Richard Gray hosts this *guess which speaker event* as he is a  master of these types of gimmicks and  has seasoned audiophiles fooled every single time.
Which speaker do you think will make top of the list in results??
I know.
The Mystery Speaker.
Then Richard pulls the curtain and reveals the winner.
 SURPRISEE
Got ya
The Hifi Guy

mozartfan
millercarbon9,796 posts06-25-2021 7:14pmIn English, please?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You mean a  summation of  all I am trying to get across
1929 Colortura Field Coil, Most perfect mids
Klangfilm other FC came along. Some not so successful.
Now enter xovers. 
Inefficient, wet blankets
2015, enters in new high sens designs from 3 labs, 2 in Germany, 1 in Japan
Hardly made frontt page news.
Audiophiles fear what they do not understand.
Stuck in old ways, old beliefs.
As long as the $$  keep flowing into xover box things, FC may never become avaliable at a price we can all afford.
Plesae buy High Sens, this way you are helping the new 21st C speakers to become more avaliable at a  better price.
Translated. 
You are holding back technology  from  offering us more selection and a  better price.
First off, you can't listen to speakers through curtains, second off the speakers will not be optimally positioned. They are very likely to have different requirements. Third of all, speakers have such varying characteristics that it is almost always going to come down to taste. Which varies from one listener to another.

Auditioning speakers is totally up to the individual and it seems most people gravitate to the most, the most high end, the most bass, the most presence, etc. It is unusual for a person who is not a very experienced listener to select a balanced speaker that has exceptional imaging. It is the speaker that attracts the least attention. 

Having said all that rubbish a great loudspeaker system pumped up with a lot of power playing Waiting for Columbus at 95 dB is a special thing to hear.

I just wrote Tampa Audio show, sadly they canceled 2021, but in 2022 I suggested they invite  both AER and Vox at whatever cost,. = Will be the biggest draw/most popular rooms, 
Long lines could get unruly, Advised make a  sign up list, this way no one has to wait in long lines and fight to get ahead of the others. 
So 2022 is your chance to hear the big guns in high sens speakers. 

Shows don't pay people to display. Manufacturers, distributors, and dealers pay the show organizers to display. I have been to a number of shows and have never seen unruliness over any room. Plus, the brands you are talking about have been at shows I have attended. They were no more in demand than any other room. Just because you have lost your mind over them doesn't mean everyone else will.
If  we madea  survey of top 1000 audiogon members with this Q
Are you interested in Highs ens, Full Range speakerS?
1) NO, not at all
2) Somewhat
3) Yes
900 in #1
50 in #2
50 in #3
Fast forward 10 yrs from now, 2031
1 300 nah's
2 300 yes very interested
3 400 I already own a  pair
As the poet wrote so accurately
**The Times they are a  changin..*