YG Acoustics Hailey 1.2

Looking for opinions on the YG Hailey 1.2 and the entire YG line in general.
Thank you.
audiobrian
"If you look at Revel Salon2 measurement in comparison to the S5 ( Both on Soundstage), you can see how much better the S5 is, in particular the THD measurements."

In some areas the S5 wins, in some (off-axis dispersion, linearity) the Salon2 comes out on top. The SoundStage reviewer also came up with a bit of split decision, in essence saying he occasionally missed mid-bass weight with the Magico and suggesting that it could get a little hot in reflective rooms (all the while praising the S5 as super-revealing).

To the extent that there's a need for the two brands to compete, the S5 should be a better speaker given that it costs a third more. In the end, we don't listen to dollars or numbers or designers or dollars, we listen to speakers. The Salon 2s work great for me, just as it's clear David loves his S5s. Everybody has won.
Good post P59teitel! Agreed you can't really go wrong with either speaker. There is no doubt the Salon 2's are very good, though just to clarify, the mid-bass issue Doug referred to was later solved when he adjusted the S5's speaker positioning. Fyi here is what he said -

the S5’s upper bass, while more prominent than the V2’s, was still a touch subdued. The tightness and impact in that region were there, just down a touch in level. As a result, the S5’s bass was never overpowering. However, there were times when I did want the greater upper-bass heft that I’m used to, which adds weight and grandeur. I compensated as I had with Tannoy’s DC10As ($16,500/pair), which I’ve just reviewed, and which exhibited a similar quality: I pushed the S5s closer to the front wall, to get a little more boundary reinforcement for the low end. Everything fell into place and, from top to bottom, the S5s sounded nothing short of spectacular.

So it was no surprise that coupling the S5’s inherent tightness and control in the low end with proper setup resulted in bass drums sounding punchy, tight, and supercontrolled, even when I strapped the big amps to the speakers and put the volume levels way, way up -- they stayed startlingly clean
Audiobrian: DYSAF: just go listen to a set of YG Carmel's. There is something magical about 2 way designs done correctly. (All the old warhorses on this post know this!). After 3 years of living with this speaker it is still the best speaker I have heard in a typical home-room environment. Incredible dynamics, transparency, and musical accuracy! Throw some current into them, they finish notes that will leave you shaking your head with disbelief from what you have heard I the past! Overpriced???--- only the naysayers will tell you this-Go listen!
Thanks to all respondents for your insightful input!
I will listen to the YG Carmel's as well as the Haileys. Some feel the Carmels are YGs best price performance speaker and give away only some low end extension to their larger family members, especially in smaller to moderate listening rooms.
Mel, computer modelled face for the S5? It looks like the computer was not educated to the incredible negative effects of a 'basic rectangular' plate for driver placement. I've recently heard the crossover must be designed with the face in mind. How much complexity to work with the reflections? Would a technically appropriate sculpted face allow simplification of the crossover and even better sound? Anyway, the Wharfedale 3 way's I built myself about 1972 looked much the same-a rectangle on end. Kind of makes me wonder if the guys at REVEL have a little more depth of knowledge of speaker and acoustics. And of course the JBL DD6700's just take it to a completely different level again.