Is this normal?

I recently inquired from one of the sellers here about a product of theirs. They did open the product and used it then repackaged the product.  I asked if pictures could be taken of the product inside the box and this is the response that I was given:

No, sorry. You can't tell the difference in this from a brand new one. It went from the box to a new audio shelf and was used about 50 hrs but probably much less. I am sure more pictures would help with it's sale but sometimes even in this crazy world you just have to trust what someone says. Also I sell on Ebay as xxxxxxxx  so you can check my feedback there and here on Audiogon. Thanks for your interest.

So, is this a normal practice on this site or should I not purchase this product? Just wanting to acquire some feedback seeing as how I am a very new member and this would be my first purchase.

wodansavatar
No pictures, no buy. I don't care much about feedback, he NEEDS to show what he's selling. I agree, move on.
I agree no pictures no sale.If its too much trouble to post pictures I would pass big time.
I don't like arrogant and conceded people, just me. I won't support their egos even if they have the best equipment, I would buy second best...