What is the sound level of Your Listening Room?

I am curious about what the sound level is at your listening position with your system turned off. I have checked mine and during the day it is about 43 dB and at 1:00 a.m. it can be as low as 28. I can improve the daytime level to 35 dB by turning off the refrigerators and air conditioner. What have you done to improve the sound level of your room?

I am considering adding a listening room to the back of my garage (wife is on board because she needs more storage space) and if you have made improvements that have reduced your ambient noise, please share them.
128x128baclagg
mahgister,
I read your posts and think that you make many good points.  Your decibel scale is way off!  First off there is no such thing as zero decibel and obviously no one has "heard" zero decibels. Even the quietest room in the world is not "zero".  Secondly and finally...if you think that screaming in someone's ear is only 110 dB take a flight to NJ and I'll ring your ears for days with a few seconds of full blast vocal chords.  Not sure where you got that info, but you are being misguided by it. All the best.
Warm Regards,
barts  
31 db pretty consistently as I just tested - 5:14P and mostly quiet. Interesting thread.
douglas_schroeder

Thanks. we are on the same page.  I absolutely loathe intrusive noise of any kind.
Particularly phones which are banned from new and former listening rooms. 
Secret Intel: I unplug the main connections to the house land line when I'm seriously listening.  Now, only you and several A'goners know. All the best
Regards,
barts 

I was going to build a $100k+ music room but abandoned the idea. It's quieter in the basement.