To horn or not to horn

I have never owned a horn speaker. I’m curious if there are any who are first time horn speaker owners after having owned other types of speakers for many years, and are you glad you switched?
needlebrush
I agree that the colorations present in most horns is pretty significant. It is possible to design a horn system with a minimum of issues making them sound like less "horns" but retaining the significant advantages or this type of speaker. I have heard much better horns than Classic Audio but they came with a very significant price tag. Of mainstream horns, Klipsch are the worst and to me are unlistenable without mods. Biggest mistake I have encountered with many horn enthusiasts is that they dont provide their speakers with enough power. 
Of mainstream horns, Klipsch are the worst and to me are unlistenable without mods

Bet you haven't heard any lately..........
HORN! Yes to horn... My first experience was as a teenager in the 70's. Klipsch Cornwall's, and to me the sound was so sweet and so "life like". Since then I've owned many different types of great sounding speakers. But, I still prefer horns and listen to them daily...
I didn’t like horns at all, based mostly on opinions I’d heard from others. I’d never bothered to find a way to give them a good listen. Then one day years ago I was at an audio show. It was when Stereophile was still doing audio shows. The show was almost over when I walked into a large room with lots of people in it. The exhibitor, whose name was Jeff (can’t remember the last name) was standing in front of a pair of large horn speakers. 
He put on a vinyl copy of Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”. He cued up “Another Brick in the Wall” and turned the volume up to lease break. I’ve never before or since heard that music sound so good. I mean, it was alive in that room. Jeff was bouncing up and down, people were playing air guitars, it was wonderful. That experience alone taught me what a great horn speaker can do. The speakers were Avantgarde.

willgolf533 posts
04-20-2020 9:26pm
You might want to read my forum...Horn Speaker Suggestions.  I went through a very long process before deciding on horn speakers.  Never in a million years did I think I would end up with horn speakers.  I listened to tons of very high end non horn speakers before deciding on Viking Acoustic Grande Voix speakers.  What sold me was the clarity of sound. I love hearing each instrument and that is what horn speakers do for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just curious
were any high tech WBers (aka fullrange point source) speakers in your exp vs the horns?
Names of labs you heard.
Such as Fostex, Mark Audio, AER, Voxativ, DavidLouis, Tang band,  Cube and others.