You mean someone buys this stuff?

How do you get this past your significant other?
https://www.audiowood.com/shop/sit-and-spin-coffee-tableturntable

Check out the other offerings. Who buys this $%t?  I'll be nice.

Initally, I thought it was a goof. How about a brick, or those speakers? The proprietor is definitely a risk taker.
tablejockey
    " nephew in Redlands (who commutes daily into/out of LB....?!)"
    asvjerry-
    That can't be right? INSANITY. Maybe in a helicopter. I hope your nephew doesn't drive a manual!
"Ah, LB....."I can get you to LAX in 'bout a half hour....just don't look out the windows....that's right, turn the radio up and contemplate the Art of Creative Driving..."

I think I'm just old enough(60)to understand the old timers "it just 20 minutes from here" default response for directions. By the time I got my license, that concept was very limited, at best-1977. 

"Tin Can Beach" -From stories/pics that area was a real dump during the 40/50's.  It's hard to imagine much of the area was covered with oil pumps in the early 1900's.
Fast forward to now, clean beaches, walk up a block million dollar+ homes that look like "normal" houses minus $750K somewhere else.

More and more natives just seem fed up with the SoCal insanity. The smart ones like yourself bailed in the 80's-90's.

I have a friend who's great, great grandmother took a covered wagon from Utah to SoCal! Imagine- no rest stops with a convenience store!

My wife's response when I showed her a pic of the speakers ... "I didn’t realize you were running the sound system to the garage. Is there room?"
I have my turntable sitting on a cabinet that’s bolted to a 10” thick brick wall for a reason