Rethm speakers, bass amplification

Lately I've been reading about Rethm speakers. I like what I'm seeing, but I'm not sure I want to run more power cables. Has anyone tried operating the speakers without powering up the bass units? 

Thanks. 
rfprice
eaglejo, thanks. Also curious, how do you feel the Bhaava compares to the Trishna? 
Sorry for the delay.  I turned off the subs on the Bhaavas and also disconnected my subwoofer.  Better bass than I would have expected.  I'm listening to some electronica right now and the bass is quite good.  I get what you're saying with the powercords though.   With all subs off, I realize that I need to do some more work on integrating the Rel 212-SE.  It's likely too big for my current listening room.  I picked-up a JL CR1 crossover which I was hoping to introduce into the equation.  This would let me high pass to my 2A3 SET at 60Hz or so and then send the rest to the sub.  I think this will likely be the best outcome.  A friend who I trust has done this with stunning results.  

Running the Bhaavas with an external sub and not using their internal subs is my preferred mode.  
Missed your last question.  The Trishnas are more refined.  The Bhaavas more fun.
Thanks, eaglejo! That's very encouraging. Silly question maybe, but does it seem like the driver is working harder? Like, is it trying to produce the bass that the bottom unit is not producing? 

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about how to integrate a sub. I have a Cary 300b integrated with no sub output. Frankly it's been quite frustrating. I like the Rethm concept, but alas, the cords . . . 

The Trishna/Bhaava comparison makes sense. Maybe the Marga offers a little of both.