I finally added a second REL Sub

It's taken me years to get to this point.  Subwoofers were 2-channel system blasphemy when I was coming up in the hobby.  As of today, I now have 2, REL T9is.  They are providing sub-bass and filling out the picture for Klipsch Cornwall IVs.  Even with a loudspeaker as massive and efficient as the Cornwall IV, they fill things out nicely.  

How pleasing it was to hear the two in unison.  I run them so low on crossover and volume that the only thing you hear is sweeter more extended highs against a fuller picture down low.  They are simply not audible in their own right.  Yes, it's true--good sub bass management helps treble and midrange.  

As a hack musician of 20 years or so, I can tune them by ear when I hear a well recorded kick drum, bass guitar and horns.  I tried tuning with mics and software but the good ol' ear does very well here.  

If you're on the fence about one or maybe a second you owe it to yourself to try it.  Is SWARM next? Doubtful.  This is, however, very pleasing indeed. 
128x128jbhiller
Well done!  I don't have two subs yet, and don't have REL, but agree with setting frequency range and volume very low.  Just enough to augment the bottom octave, and not feature the subs.  I'm only occasionally aware my sub is on.
@millercarbon  So with a DBA, 4 REL x T5i would be better than 2 x REL T9i? 
they fill things out nicely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subs are for HT, not high fidelty, 
I am using Seas W18E001's, dual each cabuinet for bass and is rock solid, tight, musical lows, down to 40hz. Just awesome. 
Sub in my room would sound like a  HT boom box. 

frequency range and volume very low. Just enough to augment the bottom octave, and not feature the subs. I'm only occasionally aware my sub is on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No matter how low you set the sub to isolate for voicing only the lows, still you are going to have that boom-boxy sound effect, Subs are for HT usage only. Not  meant for music. 
Dual W18's go to 40hz, but has a  full rick true musical bass reproduction. 
I do not need my bass to go down to 20hz, there is hardly any notes  in that range in my classical cd collection. 
Refer to Troel Gravensens notes on his  dual W18 Nextel  design for bass . 
No matter how low you set the sub to isolate for voicing only the lows, still you are going to have that boom-boxy sound effect, Subs are for HT usage only. Not meant for music.

Not getting any boom-boxy effect below 40hz....especially from a T-line. Boxy sound is typically in the 125-250hz range, and/or is a room effect.