I finally added a second REL Sub

It's taken me years to get to this point.  Subwoofers were 2-channel system blasphemy when I was coming up in the hobby.  As of today, I now have 2, REL T9is.  They are providing sub-bass and filling out the picture for Klipsch Cornwall IVs.  Even with a loudspeaker as massive and efficient as the Cornwall IV, they fill things out nicely.  

How pleasing it was to hear the two in unison.  I run them so low on crossover and volume that the only thing you hear is sweeter more extended highs against a fuller picture down low.  They are simply not audible in their own right.  Yes, it's true--good sub bass management helps treble and midrange.  

As a hack musician of 20 years or so, I can tune them by ear when I hear a well recorded kick drum, bass guitar and horns.  I tried tuning with mics and software but the good ol' ear does very well here.  

If you're on the fence about one or maybe a second you owe it to yourself to try it.  Is SWARM next? Doubtful.  This is, however, very pleasing indeed. 
128x128jbhiller
The Distributed Bass Array concept at the heart of the Swarm subwoofer system was developed well over 20 years ago. More than likely it was around while you were coming up. Or at any rate it has been known a very long time. The sad, puzzling, perplexing part is why something so powerful and beneficial is still flying under the radar. Even now, you have two, when it would be so much better to have four. No not four as big and powerful, but whatever four you can buy for the same money. So the secret is still not understood.  

Sad. Puzzling. Perplexing.

Oh well. Two at least is better than one.
Yes, Millercarbon, I started the hobby in earnest in the 1990s.  

It is sad and puzzling the these devices got such a bad rep that they have been held back, at least a bit.  For every a-phile who uses one, it seems there's more who cannot stand them. 

I think they are wonderful when executed right. 
Well done!  I don't have two subs yet, and don't have REL, but agree with setting frequency range and volume very low.  Just enough to augment the bottom octave, and not feature the subs.  I'm only occasionally aware my sub is on.
@millercarbon  So with a DBA, 4 REL x T5i would be better than 2 x REL T9i? 
they fill things out nicely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subs are for HT, not high fidelty, 
I am using Seas W18E001's, dual each cabuinet for bass and is rock solid, tight, musical lows, down to 40hz. Just awesome. 
Sub in my room would sound like a  HT boom box.