Deja Vu all over again

The Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young remastered album is available on Qobuz for streaming at 192kHz 24bit.  It sounds great.  I have the original vinyl that I bought in the late 70s.  This remastered version has a very crisp clean sound with good soundstage depth and width.  I especially like the song, "Almost Cut my Hair". The song seems almost comical to me at the beginning but the mood changes for me as the song continues into a serious and good discussion.
I believe this digital version has little to no compression since I have my preamp volume set at 50 for my normal listening level.  Compare that to some pop albums on Qobuz at 44kHz 16bit that I play at a volume level of 27-33.
I believe the compression level is proportional to the volume level I use for my normal listening level.  For example, ROON shows the dynamic range of each of my CDs that I have ripped as FLAC files into my Library.  I see dynamic range as low as 8 and as high as 18.  The 18 is for a Telarc CD and is exceptional.  I notice my volume level for normal listening level is correlating to this Dynamic Range value.  Of course the higher dynamic range recordings have some nice loud peaks.

128x128tonywinga
I checked out the Discogs site and didn't see any masterings by Bellman of this recording prior to this 50th anniversary release.
Very strange, Deja Vu was released (vinyl) in March 1970 by Atlantic Records. Yet the 1st CD, didn't as far as I can find come out till 1988 6 years after retail CD started????
Cheers George

Here’s what one verified purchaser though of the new 50th Anniversary Deja Vu on vinyl.

Holmes
2.0 out of 5 stars
Lifeless mp3 sound on vinyl.

Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2021
Verified Purchase
Sound quality (vinyl) compressed and pushed to sound loud. Unlistenable. I have bootlegs that sound better than this cash grab. Returned for refund
And if the vinyl was this dynamically crunched, then it doesn’t hold much for the cd, as they were probably taken off the same new remaster.

Cheers George
I have both an original 1970 Monarch pressing in NM condition and the new 50th anniversary pressing. Both sound excellent but the new reissue sounds best overall. This as heard on a high resolution pure analog system. Get the remaster and listen for yourself! Does not sound lifeless, sounds nothing like an mp3.
george hifi

"And if the vinyl was this dynamically crunched, then it doesn’t hold much for the cd, as they were probably taken off the same new remaster".

Yikes-- I hope the above description is not accurate. I'm not about to shell out the $ untl I have a better sense of the SQ !  I've listened to it on Spotify through computer speakers and it doesn't sound bad, but I won't make a decision on this basis for an expensive purchase. 

wesheadley:

Are you able to play the CD and give us a report?