Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
Ricevs,
Thanks for your insights.  Francesco at Rouge Audio says that their amps benefit from 500 hours of break in.  PS Audio says 300.  Have you taken a broken in stock Rouge Studio N-10DM and compared it to broken in stock PS Audio M1200 ?  After your mods, what are the tonal differences between your modded amps to the stock versions, after break in?
zephyr24069,
Reading the Legacy Audio site, it appears that the IV1 monos, IV2 dual monos, and IV4 ultra all use probably the 1200 AS1 module for each channel.  They are all in the Master Series.  The regular IV4 and IV7 are in the lower Performance Series, and probably use the 1200 AS2 which is a compromise in stereo and multichannel, since available power with all channels driven is reduced due to shared power supplies.  So I suppose that the performance of the IV1, IV2 and IV4 ultra are nearly identical in each channel.  Am I correct?  Did you compare IV2 to IV4 ultra?  It seems you have two Valor speakers, so I wonder why you got the IV4 ultra instead of IV2.

You might want to get the stock Rouge Studio N-10DM for $1550 delivered, which seems to be comparable to the Legacy IV2.  See for yourself as you A/B with your IV4 ultra.  I think I will get the Rouge, and then later consider ricevs' mods.
I have a pair of PS Audio Trio A-100's that I've upgraded by removing the 15 year old B&O ICE Modules and replacing them with current 2021 revisions of the same 200ASC modules. So, kind of a frankenstein amp because this mix of parts never existed "in the wild". In any event, they sound amazing. I use them to bi-amp my speakers for summer listening, because my Pass Labs X5 is just too hot to use in my small listening room in the summer, in Arizona. 
I have never seen or modded a Rouge or PS Audio amp. However, they will both benefit the same from the mods. I spent 6 months modding the IceEdge module so this is why I know my mods will work. Tonal differences? Way more to sound than tonal differences. Maybe you mean sonic benefits? Please call me if you want more info. Now back to your regular program.

No, you can clearly see the stereo IceEdge modules in ALL of Legacy’s amps. They do not use the AS1. Buying AS2s in bulk makes more sense, since they make a lot of multichannel amps.
"Sorry Zephyr, my comments were not meant as an insult or disrespect, and if you took it that way, I apologize.

I’m biased towards Wilson Audio speakers, and my feelings are the same as yours in regards to other manufactures. However, bias does play a big part in anyone’s purchasing decision."

@golfnutz  I did not take it in either of those ways at all so no worries and thank you for your post.  I only took the implication that my positive comments on the amp after 12 months of hearing it and knowing exactly what it can do in the context of how I've implemented it including cables, speakers, etc...were drawn primarily from brand affinity.  Believe me, brand affinity does not overrule what my ears are looking for to the extent that I would misinterpret or misreport the results just because the folks at Legacy take fantastic care of their customers in all the many years since my first purchase back in the early 2000s...