Townshend Audio EDCT Isolda Speaker Cables

I’m looking for opinions of those who have these or tried these as I’m considering them.  Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xanotherbob
I tried the Townshend isolda briefly in my system and preferred the Galileo SX Speaker Cables.

That said the Galileo cost much more....

I use the Townshend fractal rca interconnect for my digital connection to my preamp and these speaker cables have similar qualities in my system.

It’s an excellent speaker cable for transparency and soundstaging but is a bit cool.

I am running a tube amp albeit a VAC 200IQ which is not a warm tube amp and even on vinyl it sounded a little cool....

I have a super transparent Marten Bird 2 speakers so likely was too much of a good thing in my system

However if you have speakers that are a little warm and lean to a deeper or richer sound and running tube amp these speaker cables would likely be an awesome combination.  If your preamp and amp are tubes it may also be ideal speaker cables...

Bottom line it’s excellent but proper system matching essential.

Townshend makes fantastic products so encourage auditions as the interconnect is especially a steal at its price and the allegri reference preamp which I also own is one of the best preamp I have ever heard [dartzeel still better but again cost way more]

I have a lavardin it amp and it likes low capacitance cable. I used DNM - my own diy microwave style cable - Nordost Heimdall 2 - then DNM (again) - I spoke to max Townshend and he puts an impedance match network which I was advised would mean the capacitance won’t be an issue and bought some on the proviso of getting my money back if I did not like them. It was without doubt about the beat thing I have ever added to my system. It took away a kind of hash and there was a real body and depth to the sound that was previously not there. It is exceptionally detailed but not cold. I cannot recommend them highly enough.
ZenWave also has ribbon speaker cables in copper or silver. The copper version is outstanding with my tube amp.Exactly how others have described the brands listed previously. Every nuance in the entire frequency range presented naturally without highlighting particular frequencies.