Deja Vu all over again

The Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young remastered album is available on Qobuz for streaming at 192kHz 24bit.  It sounds great.  I have the original vinyl that I bought in the late 70s.  This remastered version has a very crisp clean sound with good soundstage depth and width.  I especially like the song, "Almost Cut my Hair". The song seems almost comical to me at the beginning but the mood changes for me as the song continues into a serious and good discussion.
I believe this digital version has little to no compression since I have my preamp volume set at 50 for my normal listening level.  Compare that to some pop albums on Qobuz at 44kHz 16bit that I play at a volume level of 27-33.
I believe the compression level is proportional to the volume level I use for my normal listening level.  For example, ROON shows the dynamic range of each of my CDs that I have ripped as FLAC files into my Library.  I see dynamic range as low as 8 and as high as 18.  The 18 is for a Telarc CD and is exceptional.  I notice my volume level for normal listening level is correlating to this Dynamic Range value.  Of course the higher dynamic range recordings have some nice loud peaks.

128x128tonywinga
Remasters are often crunched, but sometimes they get it right.
Yes they usually are, very rarely they leave it alone, nearly always the later ones/re-issues are "dynamically crunched", great term btw, better than just saying compressed, it’s got more meaning behind it.

Cheers George
I’m apparently hearing something different from some of you.  I don’t hear compression at all on this latest hi res FLAC of Deja Vu.  Perhaps it is because I have only my vinyl copy from the 70s for reference and I understand that 33 1/3 vinyl does not have the dynamic range potential of digital.  This hi res version has the dynamic range of and/or better than my vinyl copy.  I also think the Stereophile review is referring to the first CD of this new set having the benefit of the new mastering, not the first CD of Deja Vu released some years ago.  Is it just me?  I’m finding downloaded hi res files that sound great and I find many streaming hi res files that sound great.  44.1/16bit streaming is, well just ok mostly. 
In my opinion, "remastered" means the original master was stepped on again! If it was an original digital master, well that's a different story. There are so many variations between vinyl stampings. Example, my original Chrysalis copy of Blondie - Parallel Lines kills my mofi copy of the same. That's also true for my Pat Benatar - In The Heat of the Night, except the crappier sounding copy is a CD. To each his own. Maybe you should check out a "White Hot Stamper".