Beginner looking for guidance into tube sound.

Hello all, I am looking for some input on the best way to add tubes to my current mess. I currently have what I am sure everyone here would consider barely a step up from my parents zenith HI-FI circa 1977. please keep in mind I am lucky if I can afford to look in the window of an actual audio store. 
I currently have a Peachtree nova 300 and a Marantz CD player and a pair of monitor audio silver 500 speakers. A friend gave me a blue sound node 2i also. I have always wanted a tube powered amp. I see these Chinese amps like the Muzishare X7 and Willsenton R8 that have lots of great reviews. Or maybe a tube DAC. Then I see the Black Ice for ss-x. Each having less tubes respectively. Not sure how much that matters but I would think the more tubes the more tube sound one could expect. I would like to be in the $1000. range but would go to $1500 if I had to. My goal is to find the best most cost effective way to enter the tube world.  
johnfritter
Hi johnfritter 

IF, a big IF you don't need a lot of power and have efficient speakers, a used Music Reference RM-10 MKII is a great, great amp with modern tube sound, easily maintained & repaired with an inexpensive tube complement.  With a subwoofer or two, one can roll off the bass frequencies to a pair of less efficient monitors, allowing 35W per channel to serve say above 80hZ without draining the amp.  It's a truly reliable deep dive into the high end without a lot of cost.  Good luck and More Peace, Pin
I would think the more tubes the more tube sound one could expect.
When you’re speaking about the number of tubes for each piece of gear, not necessarily. In fact, I purposely searched for the least number of tubes per gear (CD player=1; preamp=3; power amp=4 per mono-block) and am tremendously satisfied. So much of the sound depends on the circuits, all of their parts, what type of tubes, and how the tubes are used.
Don't rule out a DIY kit. You can choose the best components: film and foil capacitors in the signal path, superior polypropylene power supply filter capacitors, and the simplicity of tube design which if it needs repair, which it probably will not if you use parts rated several time the current or wattage they will carry, is easy to repair. You don't have to take it to a shop and that will make it cheaper than solid state to repair.
Tubes will not cary a guarantee of success in your system.   The sound of tubes and s/s are merging so there is not really a preference of one over the other.  I would advise saving for a couple of years to get the equipment you really want after listening to many components over time.
I own the Muzishare X7. It's the best value that I have owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVLQ9Lhl3xk

I was told that it's built in the same factory as Line Magnetic which I also used to own. 

It sometimes comes up in the used market for about $1,000. The prices for new ones are up recently from around $1,200 to $1,500.

Good luck!