Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
@ozzy62 

The fact that you’re calling me out for lack of perspective, when I literally just posted facts means that you don’t understand the technology you’re discussing. 

Tubes are famous for 2nd order harmonic distortion, it’s literally what tube lovers like about the sound. I’ve heard plenty of great sounding tube systems, but I have no illusions with regards to what’s behind the “magic”. People who love the many and varied sound signatures tubes offer should just own up to it, rather than stomping their feet like children and contending that it’s everyone else who doesn’t know what good sound is. 

There’s a reason basically no music is mastered using tube equipment, there’d be no way to ensure a consistent experience across platforms. 
Just like Class A or Class AB, some sound fabulous and some sound mediocre at best, same applies to Class D. The one thing I like about Class D amps they are very sensitive to slightest cable changes (poer and signal and that could be compared to the difference tube rolling makes for tube amps. Also Class D amps will not dress up a poor recording but get a good recording going on, you will be in for a treat.

They say that transistors are meant to be switched and when they are not, they protest by giving off a lot of heat. It still blows my mind when I look inside a Class D amp and view the lack of large heatsinks, transformers, large caps yet they sound so dynamic. The background is very black (quiet). Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the hell out of my Class A/B amp and I'm in no hurry to part ways. There is no reason why you can't own both and switch things out when you get bored.
@dougeyjones 

Your system profile says more than your posts. I'd say you are very inexperienced from your posting history. It's ok, no need to be ashamed, you too can learn.

As for not mastering with tubes, I guess you don't listen to any of the 60s Jazz iconic recordings? Just more evidence of a novice. Keep at it, we all started somewhere........