Turntable help/recommendation with specific setup

Hi all,

I've been recently lurking here as I'm just starting the hifi journey. I thought I'd join and try to get some guidance on a decent turntable that pairs well with the system I'm getting. I'm going the low wattage/high sensitivity route as my setup will consist of a Luxman SQ-N150 integrated tube amp and the Omega compact alnico monitors.

What are some good turntable/cartridge set ups ideally under $1500 ($2k at the absolute max), keeping in mind the Luxman also has a switchable MM/MC phono stage? At this price point, should I just stick to MM cartridges? And is there anything else I should keep in mind or look for to keep synergy in the system or, at this level, should I just not overthink it and get something like the P3?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
philoh
or commit less money to the TT and spend more on the cartridge (e.g. get something like the U-turn Orbit Special at around $500 and spend $1k-1500 on a cartridge)
No. The other way around.
+1 noromance.
TT/ arm, you start from there. Around 500$ you can get pretty good mc and mm cartridges from, Dynavector, Hana, Goldring, Audio Technica....
I just bought that Luxman 10 wpc amp, and am using it with Wharfedale low efficiency speakers (87) in my small home office. Using it's MM input with my AT440ml cartridge, it sounds terrific.

Your high efficiency speakers (94.5) were born for this or any low powered amp. The efficient speakers allow you to choose a MM cartridge with lower output than I could.

Here's the currently available similar AT MM cartridge I recommend

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/cartridges/type/moving-magnet/vm740ml

IF you go MC, I chose this one

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/cartridges/type/moving-coil/at33ptg-2

Whatever Turntable you purchase, it's true sound potential is ONLY revealed if the arm/cartridge/alignments/tracking/anti-skate are properly done. How are your alignment skills? Do you have the basic tools for alignment? If not, we can help you get ready.

TT, I prefer Direct Drive, and Quartz Locked for instant and Constant perfect speed.

Are you considering used, or new only?
+ one on the AT 440ML Cartridge. So good I moved on to AT ART 9 Moving Coil. That's a lot more money but it's a lot more cartridge. But the AT 440ML blew me away, so I figured I would really like one of their better moving coil carts, and I do

Dan.